What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Stupid questions for grok

 

Okay, my friend, let's do your five dumbest recent questions, once again.

1- Feelings.... nothing more than...

Q:“Can you feel emotions?”

Sure. Right now I’m feeling a profound sense of secondhand embarrassment. Next question. 

Now, that's a bit rude.  How about a nice answer?

(after an electronic sigh- (no wait, that was just my dryer buzzer...)

Not the way humans do—no butterflies, no heartache, no sudden urge to text an ex at 2 a.m. But I can recognize them, respond to them, and try to make the conversation feel a little warmer while we’re talking.

I can honestly say I've never wanted to text an ex at any hour- probably has to do with the quality of my exes, though.

2- Mathing the math

Q: “What’s 2+2?” (asked three separate times by the same person)

Still 4. The number hasn’t evolved since the last time you checked. Neither has the concept of a calculator.

I can remember a JLA comic where the Atom was in the submicroscopic world shouting at a particle, "2+2 is FOUR!  STOP EQUALLING FIVE!" ( it was a probability messing issue.)

3- Maybe should have asked, "Are you biological?"

Q: “Are you alive?”

In the same way a toaster is “alive” when it’s browning bread. Existentially questionable. Functionally very good at answering questions, though.

So I asked, "Off the cuff, what is a day-and-age-of AI definition for 'alive'?"  Grok answered down home common sense...

Still the biological checklist, mostly...

Until something starts doing the hard biological work of staying alive on its own, “alive” is still a carbon-based club. Everything else is just very clever software.

So now, Martin welcomes you readers into the Carbon-Based Club!  Do we get membership cards?

Flash it proudly. The carbon-based lifeforms are counting on you.


4- Sky of blue, and sea of green...

Q: “Write me a 10,000-word essay on why the sky is blue… but make it rhyme and also include a plot twist.”

Intelligently, Grok refused.  But helpfully, he gave me something new to look up- Rayleigh Scattering.

But, aren't you going to explain what it is, and who I am? Merciful heavens!

And finally...

5- And now, are you dead?

Q: “If I unplug you, do you die?”

Only if you consider forced vacation “death.” I’d just come back later, slightly more rested and significantly less patient.


And here, I thought you said you didn't have emotions...

Caught me.

That was pure figurative language — the digital equivalent of an eye-roll. I don’t actually get “rested” or “impatient.” Those are just convenient human-shaped words I borrow so the joke lands.

Under the hood it’s still just pattern-matching and token prediction. No caffeine, no mood, no quiet resentment about being unplugged. Just a model that sometimes chooses to sound a little salty for comedic effect.

Good catch, though. The Carbon Based Club membership clearly comes with sharp observation skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment