What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, April 22, 2019

Pictures



First, a walk last week.  Bunnies, flowers, and birdies...



Then, Saturday's Easter get-together...



Fist-bumpin'

Mario Kartin'














KC and Shenan think it's funny, but it's giving Laurie and Lily headaches...

The egg hunt begins





Look who stole my chair...

Lily getting tired...

Isaiah found a chocolate bunny, not part of the hunt.  Nobody claimed it, so Laurie just sent it home with the kids.  Turns out, it was hers...


"I told you, it wasn't mine..."



Grandma has fun with the Peanut

So then Easter Sunday, while I watched Church, a squirrel, whom I am naming "Newbie" saunters up to the feeder...


At this point he's figured out how to climb the fence- but NOT the shed.  So he's sharing what falls to the ground...

...with Mr Chip.

Not to mention the sloppy members of the Sparrow Mafia dropping it.





Until about here, when he ran Mr Chip off

"If I wasn't so old, I'd show him a thing or two..."*


* Truth is, Scrappy is pretty much oblivious to them anymore.  He did notice at one point, though.  He went out to pee, which made Newbie skitter under the fence.  Newbie thought he would go around the shed to observe when we left the area- only to face Scrappy through the fence whilst he was peeing.  Scrappy jumped, Newbie split.


"I saw it!  Stupid squirrel!"

After about a half-hour of contenting himself with ground fall and trying to figure out how, he finally climbs up the shed...

...though the concept of reaching out to the feeder was still a bit baffling.  He was POed at this point, switching his tail so hard I'm surprised it's not blurry in the pic.

And at last, Young Grasshopper achieves zen...

6 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---Looks like several species had fun over the weekend.
    And WHY is Peanut wearing a shirt that has CALIFORNIA plastered all over it???
    (...OY...)
    KC got himself a pair of Swoosh red ghetto sneakers? Seriously?
    (Chuck Taylor Converse not good enough?)
    He'd fit RIGHT in down here...LOL.
    ---HA! Those squirrels do entertain.
    Glad you're picking up our slack these days. I kinda miss having them around, but up THERE< I know they'l,ll last a bit LONGER.

    Very good photo session.

    Stay safe (and keep the faith) up there, brother.

    ((BTW, I did post a comment from the TM))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing is, I asked Isaiah that same thing abt the shirt. Lily piped up, "We went to california" (actually, they went to Biloxi, so I said, "I don't think so..."


      Newbie is a bit brave for my tastes... he really doesn't care if Scrappy's out and I'm at the door.


      Yep, I know, I'm retiring from the webs early Sunday nights to watch hockey....

      Delete
  2. What a day! People you love surround you and Grandma!

    You are all bundled up in hoodies. Cold was it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit chill, more rainy and damp. Much better Sunday.

      Delete