What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

A walk with you

So instead of running another "Ridiculous" post today to toast some people who really REALLY deserve it, I thought I'd share a walk with you.  And since I am still recovering the 2D method (Deep breaths and Distractions), I kept a pace count to see how far we- you and I went.


The 1/4 mile mark- Inland Trail heading for the north end of the woods.

He posed for a pic.  Nice bug!

Hi, Big Guy!

1/2 mile point.

Not many flowers left in the woods...



3/4 mark- back into the woods

Saw the black squirrel


Just past one mile

The rail is just about set to fall in...

Sorry to scare you, Mr Bunny

1 1/4 mile- by the pond

Watching the traffic go by...


There's this old overgrown trail I take, and at one point I saw that a deer had recently slept in its tall grass.  Moments later, I knew HOW recently...

1 1/2 at the river

Goslings sure are getting big!

1 3/4 miles- decided to backtrack back to the woods

2 miles- took the left path.  Down the hill, up the hill, down the hill, up the hill

2 1/4 miles, coming up on the barn... here's where it starts...

2 1/2 miles. South end of the Ponderosa trail- might as well be Trail of Tears for me anymore...

2 3/4 miles- home is on the other side of the tree line.

And at 3 miles, home just ahead!

Since I thought you might like it, here's a snapper me and KC saw the other day...

"Whaddever, dudes..."

10 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---Okay, now I'm exhausted from THAT walk.
    Happy now?
    ---I do remember those paths. And I recall that "curve" we took.
    Looks different than in the Fall.
    ---Geez, what happened to the railing? It USED to be rather INTACT!
    ---The bridge is still there, and wow, the little ones ARE getting big.
    ---That barn looks different from when we were there...they paint it or something?
    ---At the 1 3/4 mile mark...is that part of California Rd?
    ---That's one ugly snapper.
    (that reminds me - I miss having SNAPPER SOUP...heh.)

    Very good walkabout.

    Stay safe (and strong) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -No, but Ill get by...
      -The view never stays the same for long.
      -IDK. There's a lot of corrosion- but there are also destructive teenagers...
      -I thought they were gonna come after me! There was a bunch at the river, and a bunch across the road, and these guys met me right at the edge of the road and stopped...
      -The only thing that's different is the big side door that got replaced...
      -yes, just before crossing the road into the Plex.
      -I never much cared for snapper; I think Dad never did a good job of rinsing the mud out of its system before cooking.

      Delete
  2. Have to say that this is the best walk I have had in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! That turtle is pretty ugly and what you said about your dad not rinsing the dirt out... that’s nasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's just my opinion... but I never cared for his Catfish for the same reason.

      Delete
  4. You are surrounded by such beauty. I love that you're grateful for it. That fence has seen better days for sure but there's something about it that I like.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too, but what it is is a guardrail for an original wood bridge that was covered over by a concrete one many moons ago. Thus, it was never high enough to be of much use, and now it is leaning out over the creek, and thus even more so. The bridge is one of my favorite places.

      Delete
  5. That's a nice, long walk! You must be in good shape. ☺ Your photos are lovely. There's something so serene about nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so now that I've stopped laughing from the very nice "good shape" comment, I have to admit that there is a trick to the photography. For every lovely shot I take, a half-turn would usually give you a pic of some ugly side of civilization- garbage, debris, me... But when the heart seeks the beauty, it can be found.

      Delete