What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Martin non-news



Today I have been and am grumpy.  No reason, not a bit liking it.  This morning I caved to it, and was miserable until I confessed to God, that my sin wasn't the grumpiness, but the reaction to it.  Other than one fabric panel beaten senseless later on, that became no longer a problem.  But once I got home and was still grumpy, I wasn't going to post at all.  Then I read this in perusing the Congressional Bible study for the week:

In his second epistle to Timothy, Paul shares many of the lamentations he experienced in his life as he pursued the course of his calling to make disciples. As we will see from our overview of this epistle, real disciple-making is never accomplished apart from the trials of persecution: and one aspect of persecution is betrayal. Another way of looking at this, however, is this: one does not know if he or she is a loyal follower of Christ (a legitimate, mature follower of Christ) until he responds faithfully to these kinds of trials and tribulations. 


Yesterday, I had a fun post that made everybody laugh.  So today, I'm going to have some more fun.  I'm going to pick a picture at random off my computer- and give it a headline.  Lord help this to work...


Headline one
January 22, 2017


Observers view vast chasm in trade talks



Headline two
Undated



Trump finds the true value of NY Times

What I used this for originally, only God knows...


Headline three
June 11th, 2016



Dog in hot water for catcalling


At least it was just his mommy... hey, wait...


Headline four
February 5th, 2014


Gore declares recent snowfall in violation of Climate Change
   Seeks to have 6" fall declared 'volcanic ash'


Headline five
October 9th, 2014



Discovery of Green Hole turn's Einstein's theories blue




Headline six
Undated



Why not just use the original headline here...

1893 sex toy for female hysteria sells at auction

See?  I'd have come up with some nonsense about rockets...


Headline seven
July 17th, 2014 (Boy, I sure like 2014...)



Local buck indicted for spying in Mueller probe


Headline eight
September 11th, 2018


Studies show condiments aid digestion of natural fiber



Headline nine
February 23rd, 2017


Poll shows Kamala Harris gaining on Biden


And, Headline ten
October 2nd, 2015



New Trump plague strain discovered in wild;
    may jump to humans as well


Hope you enjoyed as much as I enjoyed the 'back pages tour' finding them!

4 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---Yes, I DID enjoy the humor, which shoes that any grumpiness is merely transient (like most all of my "neighbors"...heh).
    ---Interesting choice of 2 Tim and the mention of "lamentations", too.
    How we react to life's ups and won is indeed worthy of a bit of sorrow now and then.
    (and that's why HE is waiting to receive it from you...and the rest of us who believe).
    Very good post.

    Stay safe (in HIS care) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if transient means "gone for now", I guess...

      Delete
  2. Grumpy was my favorite dwarf.
    Much more entertaining than Cheesy.
    And DEFINITELY better to stand next to than Farty.

    ReplyDelete