What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Meet Misty

All is quiet now.  I am sipping a beer and watching my little family sleep.  That family got bigger today...






Meet Misty, our new doggie!  She is a Heeler mix, and is just the sweetest, gentlest dog...

...until you take her for a walk...



Now, I have picked up my pace of walking, to get more exercise out of them, since we lost Scrappy.  We finally dropped to that new pace just under a mile into our first walk!  I have a leg that might never be the same!


**************************************

The story of Misty goes like this:  Two Fridays ago, we went to look at a dog at Allen County AC&C.  This dog was way timid, and I didn't feel comfortable with our ability to bring her out of it, despite the fact that she finally sort of warmed to us- about an hour into the visit.  When we got home, a man I already owe a lot to named Tim posted on FB a video of Misty at the DeKalb Humane Society, and we decided to check her out.

Saturday last week, we went to DHS, but a lady had taken her to foster her.  While I was assaulted by a room full of friendly cats, Laurie filled out an adoption application.  Once approved, it would allow us to visit Misty at the foster's home.

Tuesday, we got the okay, and foster mom Courtney contacted us to set up a visit- which ended up being this past Friday.

Friday, after I tried hard to take us to the wrong town, we met Misty.  She was in a foster who also housed as permanent pets a mini-chihuahua, a pit bull, and a black lab- oh, and a cat.  After those were put away so everyone could concentrate on the matter at hand, we met Misty.  To say it was a great visit would be an understatement.  We would have to go to DHS in the morning, pay for her and get the paperwork needed, and then go back and pick her up- all before about 9:15 AM to meet her and her BFs schedule.

That night, we hit up Wal-Mart for the essentials- food, toys, and a cage that (being the only one in stock ) could prolly fit one of the bears at Black Pines.  Then, a long winter's nap until morning.


Today (as I type), we hit up the DHS, where Laurie fought to do paperwork against a phalanx of friendly felines, including one that insisted on eating the ziplock bag Misty's chip info was in.  A short while later, she was on her way to her new home.




She seems to be really happy- and I know we are!  Stay tuned for the further adventures of Misty, right here!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Chris!

    I am on my way to your Time Machine post, but this one caught my eye. It makes me very happy to see that you have a new dog pal to take you on walks in the woods, fill your home with joy and laughter and help fill the void after losing Scrappy. I'm sure Scrappy would give Misty a "paws up." She looks like a great pet and I applaud you and Laurie for jumping through so many hoops to give her a forever home. I hope you have many fun-filled years with her.

    Merry Christmas, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's just the sweetest thing- but last night she decided to be playful and launched Pupmaggedon!

      Delete
  2. As a child I had a blue heeler and 30yrs ago we had a red heeler both awesome dogs but Red didn't last long we had her for about a month then we gave her to someone with more room for her to run. All that said I am sure Misty will love her new home wth your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great doggie! I'm so glad you have her in your life now and cheers for your growing family :)

    ReplyDelete