What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A decade goes by...

I was wondering what it was like way back when- when the decade and my new blog started.  How's about this from my first post...


This years celebrations included the ceremonial playing of Counting Crow's "A Long December", Dick Clark and his little buddy Ryan Seacrest, and Laurie shooting off fireworks on Farmville. I know, we live the wild life.



For the first time last year, I didn't play A Long December, because for a change I thought the year ended pretty good. I may be back to playing it again, we'll see.  And while Laurie gave up on Farmville a while back, she still plays some 'farm-related' nonsense.  I have no idea if it will shoot fireworks.

Did you know it took 4 months, 18 days, and 69 posts to get my first comment?  And it was my son, at that point going under the ever-so-humble pseudonym of "KCthemainevent".  It would be one month, one day, and 34 more posts before I got another that wasn't family- and it was addressed to Scrappy!

For three years and three months I bothered with 'tagging' the posts- the last time was on a Time Machine postfrom March 1st, 2013, which means that I gave up 6 years and just under 10 months ago.  At that point, my top ten topics were 1- music; 2- Scrappy; 3- stupid people; 4- animals; 5- faith; 6- walks; 7- the KHL (Russian hockey); 8- European hockey; 9- fantasy football; and 10- 1976 (which separated the actual Time Machine posts from the other music stuff).  Has anything changed?  Well, a most-recent 98-post cross section gives us the would-be tag list of: 1- Faith; 2 (tie)- Bible study, music; 4- Proverbs; 5- Martin World News; 6- pictures; 7- stupid people; 8- animals; 9- A to Z study; 10 (tie)- family, memorials, M10.

So yeah, perhaps I bore you less with sports related stuff, educate you more on Biblical matters, and have a better camera.

But here we are- same home, same partner- which isn't bad, when you consider I spent the previous five years in 6 different places, and was only married for 6 years.  Job wise, I'm working on my 7th anniversary, after 15 at one job and 3 months at another.

Just starting a new life with a new canine best friend, after a dozen with Scrappy.  Four grandkids, two by blood, in a five year span.  On my fourth plant manager- one fired, one quit, one died.  Gained and lost a best buddy, a hole you just can't fill.




Became a tither at long last, and the Lord has worked marvels since then.  Saw one med a day turn into six, not counting fiber pills and vitamins.  Gone from, "Yeah, a Coors Light is fine" to "if it ain't craft, you're daft".  Went from a Social Media debate warrior to more of a 'just roll on past' when I can.  Basically learning to let God be God and fools be fools if they like.  As long as they don't 'make a fool of God'.


Tonight I am odds-on to do just like I did that first year- stay home.  Of course, the reason being is that KC and I already did our celebrating last night at BJs.  Did you know Yuengling's now makes a porter with real Hershey's chocolate?  I do now...






Here is allegedly the oldest picture of the decade I have on the computer...





And here is the last picture of the decade...





And it ends where it started... with the back end of a doggie...

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a decade, let's hope the next one is great as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll join me in hoping at least for a coming year with a lot fewer deaths...

      Delete