What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, March 2, 2020

When Gampa babysits



Sunday was babysitting day, while Mom and Dad went to work out.  It looks like a nice peaceful day, right?  Well...

First problem encountered was a fussy Wiggles who was, in fact, hungry.  So I doo-bee-dooed a little song to him, and he chilled until the bottle was warm.  This took more time than expected because this bottle apparently refused to yield temperature testing liquid to Laurie's wrist.

With Laurie feeding Wiggles, the next hiccup was that we weren't thinking about that Peanut is potty training.  By the time we figured out what he was asking, I got halfway across the room and heard, "Too late."  I sat him on the pot while Laurie checked for the backup pants that Mom and Dad did NOT send.   So I texted Mom.  She returned, "Crap we're almost done let him run around naked we do".  The next hour then became a constant battle to keep Peanut from polishing his tools (Although he did pat me and say 'It's okay' when I apologized for missing his need to pee), a game at which he became increasingly clever.  Needless to say, I'M not playing with those toy workbench pegs anymore...

Next came what might look like a nice easy round of pictures... except first, Wiggles wouldn't smile for the camera until I got behind Laurie and made faces, and the usually photogenic Peanut, strategically behind the table, refused to pose for the first time since he was Wiggles's age.  Moments later, Peanut was swinging his things over Wiggles head.  When I yelled at him, he goes, "I was only teasing."  If you only knew, this kid doesn't have a vast vocabulary yet, so that was a real gut-buster.


In between all of this, I had a dog who wanted her turn at play as well, and I was playing catch with one boy and fetch with one dog.  Somewhere in all this, Wiggles dumped a room clearer that made Peanut whip out his favorite phrase, "Did you poop?"  Amazingly, for all the red face and the room-emptying noxiousness, the diaper sustained no damage.

And just for a fine finale, Wiggles likes to stand.  And dance.  So I had him up by his hands, doing the twist, and he was loving it!  Laurie tried to video his dance to share on FB- when right at the end, a tiny bare butt made a brief cameo appearance.  So much for that.


By the time Mom and Dad got home, we were down to one pouting bare-butt boy, one passed out on Grandma baby, and one doggie still trying to figure out what the heck just happened.  Good times.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice though, that you can give them back? :) Oh the days of potty training. I remember it being awesome (eye roll). A few years back we ripped out and replaced all the carpet throughout the house with hardwood. Secretly the boy's bedroom was my biggest relief. Sure, I cleaned the rug as best I could, but I knew what went down in there, and getting rid of it once and for all made me feel so much better.

    All and all though, deep down, I think you guys and the doggo are loving every minute of this craziness and all. But it may be smart to invest in some generic spare clothes (sweat pants, socks, and boxers) for baby sitting days. Worst case as they out grow them you can pass them along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what I thought, as my mind tried to think of what other choices we had at the time...

      Delete
  2. Watching our grandchildren can be such a joy and such a headache at the same time

    ReplyDelete