What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, December 28, 2020

SMDH...I'm Done!


 This weekend, I posted on FB the following:


As of today, I am scrolling right past any "masks are effective/not effective", "it's a conspiracy", I won/lost the election" and other such time wasting posts. I want to be real life with real people. If you can't do that, s'okay, but I'm out of it. #2021DontRaiseTheStakesOfHate

 

I might as well have wrote it on my white butt.  The next day, one person who is a big offender in this category sent me an invite to the "Joe Biden is not my President" page.  We had an amicable discussion about it, but judging from the fact that today I got a "read and share" about a whole bunch of alleged juicy wikileaks info, I'd say I wasted my time.  The second person who might have looked up at took notice of my post, because we have also had plenty of convos about it, decided to comment on a post I shared about how alleged conservatives are making fools of themselves over the election rigamarole- that is, after he sent me more conspiracy theory videos he knows I'll never watch.  That comment included this...

 
...This is saying that if Biden won by one or ten points, he still won so what does it matter? Truth, truth matters. I, personally, am ready to concede to the truth, however, I want the scoreboard correct. There is no cowardice in that! No matter how bored you are with it all.

 

And here is why I am dropping out of this whole business altogether.   Because:  When I didn't support Obama or that dead guy in East St Louis, I was 'racist.'  When I said I wasn't interested in propagating conspiracy theories, I 'didn't want to support Trump when he defends the constitution'.  And now, when I try to show that all this garbage is divisive and hurtful, and if we are Christians we need to focus on what's important and THIS AIN'T it, well, I'm "just bored with it."

 

What I am is tired of people who want to twist my words because they don't get me.  Or don't want to, because getting me would mean having to acknowledge I have good reasons to not want to be barraged by the garbage.  So here, I am going to put in the most concise language I can, why I am scrolling past and not watching, and hiding posts and whatever.

 

1- Why I have no interest in "Joe Biden is not my president", from Daniel 2:

Dan 2:20  Daniel answered and said: "Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might.
Dan 2:21  He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding...


God knows who He's putting in charge, and why.  The same God that promoted David allowed Hitler.  I voted for Trump, he lost.  End of story, for me.

2- Why I am not watching YouTube videos that promise to show me shocking 'truths':

Isa 8:11  For the LORD spoke thus to me with his strong hand upon me, and warned me not to walk in the way of this people, saying:
Isa 8:12  "Do not call conspiracy all that this people calls conspiracy, and do not fear what they fear, nor be in dread.
Isa 8:13  But the LORD of hosts, him you shall honor as holy. Let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.


3- Why I think all of these obsessive posts about politics from either side is just a distraction from Satan:

Luk 10:38  Now as they traveled along, he entered into a certain village. And a certain woman [named] Martha welcomed him.
Luk 10:39  And [she had] a sister named Mary, who also sat at the feet of Jesus and was listening to his teaching.
Luk 10:40  But Martha was distracted with much preparation, so she approached and said, "Lord, is it not a concern to you that my sister has left me alone to make preparations? Then tell her that she should help me!"
Luk 10:41  But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things!
Luk 10:42  But few things are necessary, or only one thing, for Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her." 

 

In the honor of this passage, I am resolving to put every day from now on a verse I will meditate on that day, and what God tries to teach me through it, on Facebook on a daily post "The better part."


4- Why I disagree with these politic-minded pastors who are challenging the COVID church shutdowns.  Because God gave us this disease as, in a sense, a gift to remind us of where our focus as a church SHOULD be, and it isn't on politics.  The Cross doesn't require a flag nailed to it.  And because, at least in MY Bible, I am told...



1Pe 2:12  Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.
1Pe 2:13  Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme,
1Pe 2:14  or to governors as sent by him
to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good.
1Pe 2:15  For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people.


This was written during the reign of Nero.  If you can point out where any current governor or whoever you accept as POTUS was anything close to Nero, please, feel free.


I really wanted to post this whole thing on FB, but if I didn't already know the response, I wouldn't have went on the rant.

4 comments:

  1. Ii have nothing, no comment nothing comes to mind just blank mind. However, I was here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your thoughts on this topic, Chris.

    ReplyDelete