What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, December 21, 2020

How about that "Almost End of the Year" post?

                                   
 

 


Of course, in typical 2020 fashion, I saved this picture three times and couldn't get it to come up 3 times before I realized the "s" I was typing was supposed to be a "5"...

But anyhoo, something caught my eye and told me, "do the end of the year post.  And actually, it came up as I noted that someone this very week had looked at my very FIRST year-end post from back in 2010!  Among the stats I recorded were my 260 posts and 3,015 pageviews.  If I matched that every year, I would have had 2,860 posts- I actually am doing # 2,818, so I must have slacked off- and 33,165 pageviews by now- but, somebody out there must have liked me because I actually have around 12 1/3 times that!

Back then, my readership was from 1- USA, 2- Denmark, 3- Germany, 4- the UK, and 5- Russia.  Since then, the USA naturally still holds top spot, but Denmark dropped off the map, Russia pulled into second, Germany slipped to #4, France appeared at #3, the UK dropped to 8th and the Ukraine slid into #5.  Only thing that tells me for sure is that Russia and the Ukraine have a heated rivalry in spam creation...   Still, for this year alone, they must be slacking as Hong Kong and Romania are 2-3 right now...

So I went through and gathered my top ten posts of the year, and thought I'd post links to them if you feel nostalgic...

10 (tie)- Time Machine #606  , January 10th.  Carl Douglas being called racist for Kung Fu Fighting leads to Elvis accused of incest on Kissin' Cousins, while CW McCall's Convoy wins POTM.

(tie)- That dreaded "at home with Misty" post  ,October 19th.  A description of what is a fairly typical night with me and doggie...



7 (Tie)- M10 and T20, and some other stuff, January 3rd.  The week's M10 plus the year's top 20, with Brooke Annibale's Collided at the top.

(tie)- Politics blows, February 11th.  My musings on the SM-world of politics and the divided world we live in.

(tie)- A to Z Mashup a Day Early, March 31st.  My usual shortened version of the Annual A to Z blogging challenge, this year's topic "animals through the years", part one...


5 (Tie)- Martin World News, January 20th.  This post contained the faux pas by the Myanmar official press in translating Chinese President Xi's name as "Mr Shithole".  The view count goes up every time I use the Xi-as- Pooh pictures...


(tie)- Vacation Tuesday and Wednesday ,May 14th.  The highlight here was Misty's christening of Mrs Bobby G's lake cottage...

           

 

 

 

 4- Martin World News, April 13th.  Featuring Czech nudists busted for not wearing masks in public, the great China/Thailand insult battle, and of course, Xi the Pooh.

3- Misty's first Happy Boofus Day, and the perils of voting revisited , September 22.  Misty gets a lake trip and a Culvers' stop, and I review the fringe candidates for POTUS on the Indiana ballot.



2- See Her While You Can, January 2nd.  One of Misty's first walks around the 'hood.





And the #1 post by almost 30 views, though I don't know why...


Time Machine #624, May 15th.  Bellbottom won't let 3 Dog Night on the show due to drug use, Sass Jordan debuts High Road Easy, the Chi-Lites win POTM with Oh, Girl.  But no Xi the Pooh pictures.  Go figure.


Frankly, the last 2 years have been equally disastrous around here.  But God has provided, and kept most of the family safe.  My prayer is that He won't have to work so hard next year...

3 comments:

  1. As you know, 2020 has been tough for us (as it has for everyone) but yes, I'd say if I looked at the last three years or so, the rollercoasters of highs and lows have been extreme. So many changes, challenges, and triumphs.

    I do a small printing of "Year in Review" new Year's cards every year instead of Christmas cards (because I seriously do not have time in December) this helps me feel like I've kept with tradition, and at the same time, since I only send them to those that sent me Christmas Cards, I save a ton of money. This year I've struggled, really struggled. In the end I decided to do a "best of times, worst of times" in photos. Course, it's still December, so it's still just an idea percolating in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun, as a blogger, to look back and see which of our posts have resonated most with our readers.
    Happy New Year to you and your family. Looking forward to what you have to share in 2021.

    ReplyDelete