What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, May 3, 2021

The Better Part week #18

 



Facebook posts, one day late due to COVID shot blues on Sunday:


The Better Part, Day #110:
 
Well, today was a "not easy to pray" day, with a bunch of Satan's weight trying to talk me out of it. I went to my tools. Brought it to Jesus. Opened my ears to listen. Remembered He was sitting calmly in the back of the boat. By the time I got to His strength-not my weakness, I was hearing His promises that He was repeating for me. Battle over for one morning!
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #111:
 
When the topic of, "Do you have a purpose?" came up for the second time, I snapped the radio off and asked God what are You trying to tell me? I know (read: thought) I had no purpose other than taking life one day at a time. I wondered what it was I was doing wrong. BIG lesson here: some sermons you're not supposed to apply the WHOLE point to yourself. That was one of those "that's just me" handicapping me; more important, God let me know that what He wanted me to get wasn't that I needed a purpose- just to be ready to not do a "that's not my purpose"- AKA "that's just me"- IF He decides to change that purpose. Turning the radio back on, I learned that my purposes were many- to praise God, to pray for others, to shine His light while I provide for my family, and share what I learn. And be ready in the odd event He decides to send me to Botswana....
 
 
The Better Part, Day #112
 
"Don't rage against the dark, be a light unto the world!"
I heard this line somewhere in the middle of last night, and with one exception, I did good in remembering it. Especially when I thought to myself at the end of the day, "Some of the things that went on today, combined, would have brought me to a tipping point, had I looked at them as Satan wanted me to. Reality- not so bad." Thank you, Jesus, for the renewing of my mind...
 
 
The Better Part, Day #113:
 
Gen 4:6 The LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen?
Gen 4:7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it." 
 
It came to me that this passage- at least the first part, as I'm not planning on killing any brothers- is a wonderful promise. It proved especially valuable on a day when, as I described it, "I never seen so many wheels come off the train in one day..."
Of course, the rub is not ignoring God as Cain did, and have sin pounce on me...
 
 
The Better Part, Day #114:
 
"We have two choices in these circumstances: Run from Jesus or run to Jesus."- Woman speaking on Voice Of The Martyrs
 
That was the choice I had during Scrappy's long descent. And while I cursed, cried, and beat on His robe, I clung to Him. And what it taught me was invaluable. And just as Charles Stanley said later this morning, "Once He has taught you what He set out to, He brings you out of that darkness." This is a faithful saying!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. " sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it." - This can be applied to so many things lately. Positive thoughts, positive results. Don't succumb to the negativity and temptations. God is sending me up the mountain... and rarely does he push someone off the edge. Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgive my forgetfulness in getting here! As to the "right" question, I have to say this: It depends on the level of brokenness required to get you to listen. But in that brokenness, you'll find at the end He had you in His hand all along.

      Delete