What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, May 16, 2021

The Better Part, week #20

 

This week's FB posts...


The Better Part, Day #119:
 
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
Joh 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
Joh 10:30 I and the Father are one." 
 
 
My work, like a lot of others, is being crippled by the twin devils of "Everyone wants one" but "nobody wants to work". A tale about our business came to me today that made me despair of things getting right again without out whole economy going down the tubes first. So I paused and prayed- and the Spirit lent me the words- "Lord, if this is this bad, if it's all coming crashing down, You're still in control. If it's not that bad, You're still in control." Despair over.
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #120:
 
A little different today, but here we go: Today, I asked, "How am I to do my job as though for Jesus, when I know Jesus wouldn't be this stupid, this greedy, or this cheap?"
Answer:
 
Mat 3:13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him.
Mat 3:14 John would have prevented him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?"
Mat 3:15 But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he consented. 
 
Let it be so for now...
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #121:
 
So keep on moving, keep on speaking
Keep on turning my eyes to see what You see
I am listening, I am learning I am Yours
You find me in the depths
You take me to the heights
Just to tell me that Your love
Will never ever, ever change
You’re with me in the wind
You’re faithful in the fire
You keep coming after me
         -Austin Stone Worship, You Keep Coming After Me
 
As you may have noticed, this hasn't been a very productive "Better Part" week. And today it really bothered me. I was searching and searching for something, and it just wasn't there. Then, as Church began, they sang this song for the first time, and once again I realized I was flipping things to where I do the work and God just stands there. I needed to let go before I saw my eyes were turned in the wrong direction. I thought I was searching after God, and He was coming after me.

6 comments:

  1. "Everyone wants one" but "nobody wants to work".

    My next post, ironically, if I can ever get it finished is about just this. Seems like we were on a similar path this week.

    I have often found when I search for something I will never find it. It's when I take a break, a deep breath, and focus, it comes to me.

    Not unlike it did for you in church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, that's exactly it! Sometimes you're just pushing on the pull door...

      Delete
  2. I could just hug you! I really, really needed to read this message today. I totally got it and relate to it, especially today. Thank you friend, for spreading the word of God and helping me understand the message. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never turn down a hug, in person or virtual! It's just funny how God did so much from a week I was so disappointed in...

      Delete