What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, February 18, 2022

M10 show week # 12


 Okay, so we are going to do things a bit backwards, because of an idea to spice things up I had...


Elvis:  More backwards than usual, boss?

Oh, Completely!  In fact, we start out with this week's new #1 song, the Cactus Blossoms and Everything, moving up one spot!

Well, folks, that's the show!  Thanks for coming by...

Now, just hold on.  The reason I did this is because the Cactus Blossoms got their claim to fame by performing on an episode of the TV show Twin Peaks... and I thought, I wonder what our other acts this week did on TV!

Hmm... this has promise... What about Beach House?

Beach House, who slips to #2 after a week at the top with Pink Funeral- as well as moving to #14 all time with the song at #9, ESP- They have performed- as have many of our acts- on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.

I dunno him.  I hit the sack at 10 PM sharp!

 

I kinda gave up on late night myself after Leno.  That brings us to #3, a second week for Maddie and Tae and Strangers.  They performed on an episode of Disney's Girl Meets World, as well as on Jimmy Fallon's late night offering.

I ain't seen that one, either!

 

If it was down to shows I watched, they'd have to beat Bobby Flay, get killed on NCIS, or sing Oh Canada at a hockey game!  Next is The Explorers Club, holding at 4 with Tragedy.  Their old song Forever has been featured on a plethora of TV shows, including How I Met Your Mother, Bored To Death, and The O.C.


At least I heard'a How I Met Yer Mother...

 

Of course, I've already mentioned that Matt Berry, at #5 this week with Alone, has extensive British acting credits, but he also did an lp in 2018 with nothing but Television themes, including those of Top Of The Pops, Are You Being Served?, and Doctor Who!


Hmm, might haveta check that out later...

 

The Record Company, up 2 to #6 with Never Leave You have also made the late-night... and early morning... rounds, appearing on Colbert, Conan O'Brian's TBS gig, and CBS This Morning.


Unfortunately, Envy Of None, at #7 with Liar, is too new a project to have any TV chops to speak of.

Where's this Colbert guy when ya need him?

 

If I ever need him, I'll let you know.  Our first debut of the week is at #8, and they were the house band on a show called What Just Happened??! With Fred Savage, which apparently is a parody show purporting to be the Aftershow for a program that doesn't actually exist...

That makes my head hurt!  Who is it?

 

Why it's our old friends, Best Coast...



************************************************* 

 

And our remaining debut at #10 is also an old friend, and their TV claim involves performing a duet with Jackson Browne on the last episode of the Cameron Crowe vehicle Roadies!  Here is- Lucius!



***********************************************************

 

An' that's it for another week!  See ya on the tube, Tee Hee!

1 comment: