What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, February 21, 2022

Monday mish-mash

 Just thought I would let you in on the interesting- to me, at least- events of the weekend and today.


First, the NASCAR racing season began this weekend, and both Laurie and Misty had new drivers!  Laurie's new guy...


...yep, her new boy Austin Cindric wins the Daytona 500!  And how about Misty's new guy?



...yeah, that's her guy, Harrison Burton, about to land on his top, flip back over, and land on grandson Isaiah's guy.  Not such a good finish.



I was updating my reams of useless information on our hockey teams also this weekend.  While doing so, I watched (via live scoreboard) as two of our worst teams- my Riga Prizma from the Latvian league, and Laurie's Manglerud from Norway- did the nearly impossible.  Riga Prizma, coming in at 2-28 and sporting a 17-game losing streak, won on Saturday- and did it with a shutout, 4-0!  Then, in a repeat of the impossible, Manglerud- who won their opener this season and then lost 20 straight, coming in to Saturday at 3-34- THEY got a win- and a SHUTOUT win, 3-0- and to top it off, they beat my son KC's team, Lillehammer!



Monday, my boss returned from a several week's absence.  It seems his intestine decided to grow INTO his abdominal wall and got clogged.  He's roughly half the man he used to be, and I told a co-worker it will be a few months before I can call him 'fathead' again...


Monday, we surveyed the world post-snow, after a couple of 50 degree F days...


"Hey, where's the white stuff?  How am I supposed to get 'snow-nose'?

This wasn't particularly fun...

Yet another hole washed out of the south-end asphalt...



Lovely buckled ice on the river.  Misty stepped up on the ones washed ashore and about crapped when it tilted on her...


2 comments: