What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, February 14, 2022

Super Bowl musings

 


As I type, we are about 2 hours from what I am 'legally constrained' to call "The Big Game".  And judging from the playoffs leading to it, it could be a big one. Fanwise, I am basically a 'disinterested neutral position';  I'm not heartbroke whatever the result- unless I can't find a channel from which to escape halftime.  I'd like to see Stafford and the Rams win it, just to see the Ford family look like even bigger idiots for trading him, but whatever.


I am stuck in an area where the "proper" fan jumps on the Bengals wagon; and my FB feed is about 70-30 between "Go Bengals" and "Not watching the halftime. Ugg, rappers!"/"I don't like football."  I find it amusing that most SM feeds on a typical SB Sunday are "Go Team X"ers obliviously posting rah-rah pictures, Football haters posting their stuff as if they are the Elite judging from above, the "Duh, I just watch for the commercials" crowd who haven't yet noticed that ad quality has been dropping for at least ten years, and the sincere snackers spreading their gospel of quick and easy recipes.


Me?  My sole preparation has been making $8 worth of DraftKings bets (and you can bet I'll be ecstatic if OBJ gets named MVP), with a possible payout of $52.95 (along with a hockey pick that might pay $3.10). (NOTE:  Never mind on the hockey bet, all ready lost that...)

 

Right now, though, I finally got done following my girls on Oklahoma Softball (won 9-0), and am going to sit down and watch some of Puppy Bowl XVIII. A Chihuahua  named Chorizo just scored.  Hope you enjoyed, or ignored, successfully!

4 comments:

  1. Superbowl has something to do with American football, right..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big "NYET" to the halftime show! That's the only part of the Super Bowl I've ever watched (not a football fan), but not this year. I'm sorry to have missed the Puppy Bowl, though. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Nyet"? How communist of you lol! I haven't watched a halftime show, I believe, since the Who sounded about ten years older than they were at the time... Misty really liked the Puppy Bowl, tried to catch a few of them!

      Delete