What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, October 7, 2022

M10 Show week #43

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgASDnXtDTBLjDICUPafS9mnSTXHCUFvdzWIAqOSAVyOVLIHz3qNBioFfXJBvDLtEeeyZQLr4raPY5HQtd3mSCbvRuzxOFbl1LZ8BFA1PxaaHpVRKGZ87b9deeePUoYS8OLCEUb-8debYcbcm8NuyHLylPgh6lk48pITeGnK1fH0f7np2GoAlm0UXV2/s612/m10.jpg 

Well, not surprisingly for a day like today (your yesterday) has went for me, Blogger is refusing to put up my pictures, so I had to do the work-around of copying our header from last week's post and paste it in.

Elvis:  Ya mean no one'll be able to see me?

I dunno, let's try and see...

 

 

There I am!

 

Only because I copy/pasted again.  I'll try cleaning the machine later, because it's time now for the show, and we don't wanna disappoint anyone who came here to find out what the top ten streamed-on-spotify Beatles songs are!

Ugh.  Do we really hafta?

Yes, we really hafta.  But first, we need to put up the first of our 3 debuts! One thing that I started to do a couple weeks back to improve my worship time is listen to an hour of contemporary Christian music every workday, and there was a song that I really liked, and I told myself if I remembered to look it up, I'd see if I could put it on the shuffle. It turns out that it is #17 on the current Christian music chart, and now on our list at #10.  Without further ado, here's Zach Williams...

 

******************************************************

 

Good tune!  At least the videos work...

Yeah, let me check preview on that before we...  Yep, looks good! So anyway, onto that list of...

Say, why didn't you check MY most streamed whatevers?

Not a bad idea!  Now, I know not all the Beatles songs were CHART hits... so why don't we see who does the best chart wise?  I guess first I better see if there is a "most streamed Elvis songs on Spotify" list available... Yes, there is!  So, here goes the Elvis vs Beatles Spotify contest!

#10- Help! For the Beatles was a #1, that's 10 points; for you, it was A Little Less Conversation, which hit #50, so zip there...

Hey, that bites!

#9- All You Need Is Love for the Fab Four nets another #1 and 20 points... for you it was You're The Devil In Disguise, a #3 which makes the score 20-8...

Man, play another debut... groan...

All right, coming in at #8, single #4 on the M10 from this lp, here's Built To Spill...

 

*************************************************************

 

#8- Next up for the Beatles is Blackbird, which was not a single release, and they hold at 20 points... for you, it was Unchained Melody live at Ann Arbor, Michigan...and it wasn't, either.  

Dern it, there goes my big chance!

#7- Yesterday for the Beatles, another #1 and 30 points... Yours is In The Ghetto, sadly only a #3, so now it's 30-16.

#6- In My Life for them, another album cut... for you, your M10 hit If I Can Dream, which hit #12, so I'll give you guys one for anything #10-40.  So 30-17.

Grrrrrr....

Are you hangry? I thought I heard your stomach growl...

#5- Come Together for them, another #1 and 40 points.  For you, Always On My Mind... it was the flip side of Separate Ways which hit #20, so I'll give ya 1 point- 40-18.

 

And while he stomps off in a snit, here's that high debut, all the way up at #5.  This act combines Danger Mouse (both a producer and 1/2 of Gnarls Barkley, if you know them) and singer James Mercer of M10 act the Shins.  It's a little long, but it is. So. Gorgeous.  They call themselves Broken Bell....

 

*********************************************************** 

 

Okay, so let's get this round of "Let's trash Elvis" over with...

You shouldn't look at it that way- you both are so loved that the choices weren't at the mercy of some DJ...

Hmm... lookin' at it THAT way, the loser is really the winner!

Uh, yeah, maybe.  Anyway...

#4- For them Twist and Shout, another #1, 50 points.  For you, I made a slight boo boo... Always On My Mind was #4... The real #5 was Jailhouse Rock, a 10-pointer for you, and it's 50-28.

#3- Hey Jude for them, a #1 to make it 60 for them.  Yours, Burning Love, a #2 which makes it 60-37.

#2- Here Comes The Sun, another non-release for the Beatles; for you, Suspicious Minds, a #1 which pulls you to 60-47...

But I can't win no ways now...

Look at the list.  How are you not a winner?  Here, do the rest of the M10 and I'll come back with the #1s... 

Okay, I know it's time to buck up an' take it like a man... so here goes...

9- Alone On A Hill by Silversun Pickups drops from #5...

7- We The Kingdom an' Mine up one spot... say, are they on the Christian top 20?

Yep, but not with this song...

Figures. 6 an' holdin' fer Geowulf and Whirlwind...

4- An' holdin' for Wilco and Hearts Hard To Find

3- Down a spot for Dent May an' Crying Laughing...

2- Up a spot fer Lucius an' Love Is The Disaster...

And the same ol' #1 this week...

 


 ...Blondie an' Mr Sightseer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, let's have the final...

Alright, the #1 songs streamed on Spotify...

For the Beatles, it's Let It Be, once again a #1 for 70 points...

And for Elvis, it's Can't Help Falling In Love With You, a #2 for 56 points!

Anyone out there got another act (or acts) you'd like to see in a "Spotify showdown"? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I thought the Beatles/Elvis showdown would have been closer, but am not surprised the Beatles came out on top. Cool idea for a competition! What about a Beatles/Stones one? (Or is that too cliché?) Or, how about Aerosmith/Stones (USA vs UK)? I enjoyed your M10 selections, especially the first two. Zach Williams has a good voice and the psychedelic vibes from Comes A Day really hit the spot! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked these new ones, it's weeks like this that inspire me to go on. Aerosmith/Stones next week!

      Delete
  2. I have never been overly into the Beatles far more into Elvis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All kidding aside, I have my good and bad on both, but appreciate Elvis more as I get older.

      Delete