What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, May 20, 2019

Picture talk



So yesterday on FB, I got a little fed up.  And here's what I told the world (as many of you know)...

You know what, everybody? There are people who will just hate whoever the other guy is in politics. There are people who will never give up on defending a "woman's right " to murder babies. There are people that will believe every motivation of a white is race hatred, every motivation of a man is rape, every motivation of a scam post is to give you free money. How about you all just shut up about that crap for a while and tell me what you did to ENJOY YOUR DAY for a change? Just sayin'.


Not surprisingly, this was one of the most commented things on FB I ever did- at least, that wasn't heartbreaking!  Among the answers I got were: eating ice cream, grilling (and getting a new grill), lazying around with kids or pets, watching baseball, grad parties, church, bed-and-breakfasting and other foodie-related stuff, and playing with little ones- for example, this guy:




And since I'm pretty much still of this same mind, I thought I might show you a couple pics and share a couple stories.

I think they're putting in a church down the road...


Kitty in the ditch...






This whole cardinal thing was kinda funny.  When I first saw them, the male and female were doing like a courtship dance.  When I got closer, the pair went one way- and another male who was apparently "with them" went another.  The pictures here are after I ran into the trio a second time, thus relieving me of the guilt of breaking up "Bachelor: Cardinal".





I believe this was what kitty was waiting for- but mom had them well downstream...



Oh, yeah, did I tell you they tore the old wooden bridge out?  Prolly figured it was the only way to keep me from falling through since I ignored the barricades...


Starlings have a nest in this hole- I wasn't fast enough to get a snap of the in-and-outs...

"Hey, a little privacy?"


Thinking of the many times we sat here, and the many times Scrappy waded here, I cried taking this...


Get the indigo bunting before he takes off...

Scrappy's favorite watering hole has new tenants...



Now that the porch is no longer "doggie restroom", I decided to make it more livable with this nice planter- which was way too heavy for the former "auxiliary bird feeder" post and had to be secured with string.  Afterwards, Laurie and I had a nice au fresco lunch.  Chip the chipmunk joined us, briefly.  The sparrow mafia made plans to rub us out.  And the weirdest thing- see the knothole in the fence, bottom right?  a bee- I'm guessing from out of town- or else one of those flies that try to fake being a bee- was sitting there, with a local bumblebee hovering about 3 inches away- never moving, never looking away.  Prolly about 15 minutes.  Finally, the watcher nudged him in the butt, he tried to take off, and the flier beat the crap out of him!  Took him to the ground, let him up, he got back on the fence.  The other bee kept an eye out, but began to move around a bit more.  Seeing an opening, the other one took off- and it might be the first time I ever saw one fly a straight line, right on outta Dodge!

After that, we concluded the meal by Laurie christening the porch by dropping a china bowl.


The pool's open- just not for humans...

Walking in the rain...

Noobie always shows up right around church time...



9 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---I congratulate you on your FB "statement" (read rant).
    It's long-coming, and I'm sure made your point known. Good for you (and that's why I DON'T do FB).
    ---You took a mess of great photos, buddy.
    ---I take it the ditch kitty was the one waiting for a feathered meal.Mom might have a lot to say about that.
    ---So what's planned to take the place OF that wooden bridge?
    ---THAT'S where our indigo bunting went...up to hang out with you. Cool.
    ---"Sparrow Mafia"...LOL.
    ---Laurie broke a CHINA bowl?
    Question: Is she part GREEK or was this a comment on Asian tariffs?
    ---Ducks in the pool...LMAO!
    (that's cute)
    ---That squirrel might become a ":regular"...you never can tell.

    Thanks for sharing the pics.

    Stay safe up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, there are a couple of other "ruins" of bridges around the canal. What you saw will be the scene for the next 100 years or so...


      Bowl: It was a plea from gravity for me to find that nice little porch table I've wanted since I tore down the swing...

      Delete
  2. Dude. I didn't even know you're on FB... Can you send me a friend request, please, as I checked and I don't know no stinking Chris Martin's - yet :)

    PS: Sounds like the "new" lunch spot was christened the good ol' Greek way - says the Irish guy who really has no idea how Greeks christen rooms/places, only that lots of dishes break with those guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we're on FB under Laurie and me, which is why you couldn't find me. Have a request sent in mere moments!

      Delete
    2. Hey Chris:) Don't think I got a request yet!

      Delete
    3. Look below- your security settings are set so I CAN'T. YOU have to send one to me, see comment below...

      Delete
  3. Or, I would, except you have set your privacy so I can't! Look for LaurieEasterdayChrisMartin and send one to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is surprising that I don't break more pate or cups

    ReplyDelete