What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, May 13, 2019

Let's laugh with Scrappy

My favorite picture



So deep he got stuck!  I had to push his butt to get him up to the trail...

My second favorite.  He got me tangled, and when I got free, there he was at the top of the mound.  I said, "What are you doing?", which is what the dumb look is about.

And here's where he thought that big bunch of leaves floating on the river was solid ground.  I laid on his leash, snapped the pic, and pulled him out before he slipped the rest of the way in...

"Yes?  Something you wanted?"

His last Easter

At the nether end of the legendary "Walk from hell"- got lost trying to get out of Canterbury.  Here he looks up a hiding groundhog near the old Pierres.  Soon later, a drunk guy would ask if he wanted a beer.


"This is my best side..."

Here he celebrates his first Super Bowl win, over Kc's cat's team, the Flying Porkchops.

"I love walking in the river... Hey, who nibbled my pee-pee?"

The most published pic- not impressed with KC's IPA...

One of the many Beauty Contests he picked the winner for...


"Hey, get back here!"

In heaven, he's having one more Happy Boofus Day...

14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss! ♥ You gave Scrappy the best life any dog could ask for. His memory lives on in your wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... all the comments I've gotten the last few days mean everything to me.

      Delete
  2. Chris:
    I do believe you did him every bit as proud as he did you.
    It's the whole "If we didn't love them so much (and they us) then mourning their passing would be a lot easier" thing.
    Thankfully, it's not easy (although difficult at best for many days), because of the way they touched our souls.
    They never totally leave us...they just cross The Rainbow Bridge, and go to that better place and await our rejoining them.

    May God keep you in His care and bless you during this time...and every day forward, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great photos and I am sure great memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are... and a little too powerful right now...

      Delete
  4. I'm very sorry for your loss. I've always maintained that the only bad part about owning a dog or a cat is that you're bound to outlive them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept hoping for that meteorite to hit us while sleeping...

      Delete
  5. Your sadness hurts my heart. Warm. Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless Scrappy! You have all these wonderful pictures and all those priceless memories of your wonderful pet. I am in pain, Chris. I "adopted" Scrappy when you and I first got to know each other. Over the years I followed your blog, I experienced great joy seeing pictures of Scrappy because he reminded me of the great times I had with my dog Toto. I feel this loss right along with you, good buddy. May God give you and Laurie comfort in this time of grief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God really did bless him... and all of us with him.

      Delete