What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Crying without Scrappy...

"If I gave up all the things we did together, I'd have to just stand in one spot and die..."

So Sunday Morning, I buckled up my strength and went for a walk...

...and did a lot of crying.


I know what they say on the internet about Cardinals.  I don't believe in it, but it did become a theme...

And Mr Bunny.  When I got up close enough that he took off, four friends took off with him.

Hi, Big Guy... just me, now...

First Jack of the year... they make me feel better

Appropriately gloomy day...

One of many places I just stood and cried...
A couple years ago, I had the "three sisters."  Now, I have the "four sisters"...

This is where a log we used to sit on all the time used to lay.  Someone took it for firewood...

...one lone jack to mark it's spot...

Ravine trail.  Leaning on a tree to take this, so exhausted from the fight...


"Chris, there are just two choices: live or die.  And I'm not of a mind to give the Bastard a 2-for-1..."


Looks like a really good jack year

Obligatory squirrel pic... and look who's with him...


You really can stop following me now...

"Sorry.  I'll be more subtle."

And now, at the swamp.  Frankly, I'm getting annoyed at this point.

'Skrat with building materials...

The barn... lots of times chasing groundhogs and little foxes, stopping to sit on the rock and get a drink...

11 comments:

  1. It's brave of you to visit these favourite haunts without your beloved companion. It took me a long to do that after my Dalmatian died (12 years ago on May 22 - it's a tearful day, even now), and there's still one place I can't revisit. That said, it will become less painful over time and the happy memories will crowd out the sad ones. In the meantime, it is important to let the grief flow and not bottle it up. Sending virtual hugs and sympathy to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was do it or never walk again... I knew he didn't want that, and God didn't want it, and neither did I.

      Delete
  2. Oh my dear friend, my heart truly aches for you. Love and hugs from afar ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris:
    ---There is that time when you feel helpless and just wish you could wake up from all this.
    I was a royal mess a couple times in my life when I lost various (4 footed) members of our family.
    ---You know about the latest ones, and I can tell you that you should not try to even get over it.
    But...God can and will help you work through it and live with it (hard as that is some days still)...it's what they would want us to do.
    ---As good a family member as they were, they would expect us to keep being who we are and remember them.

    Stay strong up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the thing, Robert- God has worked with me on this the whole long struggle- which in a way was that non-refundable nightmare. The picture of the two of us from yesterday is now my work screen, and I tell everyone the same thing- when I took that picture in August, I thought it might be the last picture I got with him. God gave him 8 wonderful months of love and me 8 months of trying to get prepared. He could not have been any better to us. Which is a good thing, but makes it hard when you have all this anger wanting to get out, and no one to blame anything on. So far, at least, nothing has gotten broken, including my hands and head.

      Delete
  4. Hey man,

    So sorry for your loss... read the previous post, too, and all I can say is Scrappy obviously gave as good as he got - and love and loyalty run both ways.

    *Thanks* for sharing the pictures. Some truly good/funny/awesome family ones in there and I hope this trip to the woods and the tears helped you in some small way.

    Take care of yourself, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrappy gave everything he had, right down to the point he almost couldn't give any more. Each trip does a little bit more good... it's just the surprise bits like yesterday that make it hard.

      Delete
  5. Walking to such places is hard and makes us feel emotional but it better for us in the long run

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is...the run just hasn't been long enough yet.

      Delete
  6. This hurts my heart. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete