What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Life goes on

...and I need to get out and get in better shape.  Thus, I am back to the longer walks, and to taking pictures...


Tuesday was a much nicer day




I love the little maple guys...




Sitting in the peace of the bridge... praying for strength and forgiveness


Yesterday at this point, a duck came soaring up through there, cleared the bridge by about 6 feet, and nearly pooped on me when I said, "Veer left!"

This day, this guy hung around me the whole time I sat there.

Later, the scuffling Bluebird of Happiness came by...


And Turtle season at the Swamp is officially open.


"What was the Fire Marshall's room capacity again?"

Then we come to Wednesday's walk- a reverse of the infamous 'Walk from Hell' through Canterbury...



A view of the never-ending construction

My first time down the new sidewalk across the bridge



Lots of swallows getting breakfast

Meanwhile in Canterbury- what's wrong with this picture?



Me and Scrappy had a picnic here a long time ago


I'd heard of Goose Island Beer, but here's the real thing- and it sounded like a civil war!  Assuming the ones on the island weren't interested in sharing with those in the water
Kids are all asleep.





5 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---Those are some excellent photos.
    No battery problems...good.
    ---What is WITH all that construction, anyway?
    You'd think they'd have built as much as they can around there.
    Sounds more like DEstruction (to me).
    ---The bridge picture...
    All I can say is "POOR PLANNING???"
    ---You had a LOT of turtles there.
    And a HERON?
    Didn't know they hung out there.
    ---Love seeing the goslings asleep...watchful parents, no doubt.

    You stay strong up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the battery thing, I believe the problem has one of two causes. 1- It don't like extended coldness; 2- it's slightly short, thus I stick a little cardboard piece to keep it from coming off the terminals.


      Construction: Well, wave one was Nipsco contractors installing updated lines; round two is the long-needed widening project. Nipsco has moved on to harass Maplecrest Road.

      Bridge: More likely kids with nothing productive to do...

      Heron, yeah, I've posted them before. This guy seemed to be watching the Goose Island Civil War. And wishing they'd quiet down.

      Babies: Got duck babies all over, too.

      Delete
  2. Good for you Chris!! Scrappy would want you to continue with your nature walks. I believe he's walking with you. You had a lot of company on this walk with the deer, and birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say as the deer was much 'company'...

      Delete
  3. Love the photos! I know you miss your buddy but Holli is right, he’s there with you ❤️ Love and hugs... we’re board a plane and heading to Washington state!

    ReplyDelete