What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, August 5, 2019

Sunday walk

After Church, God mentioned how it wasn't good for me to just sit around on the beautiful days He makes, and I agreed.  Well, not exactly in conversational form, but I know what He means.  So here are some pictures of Sunday, including an every-quarter-mile thing...


One of our bird seeds got us a new flower...


Mr bunny was out as I was filling the feeder






We had a lot of new Titmouse activity this morning... until the Mafia showed up.  As I type, there is a sparrow on all six feeder holes, two or three on the fence waiting a turn, and close to a dozen on the patio.  Fricking pigs!





So now the walk begins...


Quarter post:  Nothin' doin' on Groundhog Road...

Half- mile:  Just outside the woods

...and we're in!  Well, I'm in...


One of the reasons you haven't seen woods pics lately is that I've been upset that they have carved literally dozens of trails into it, with the objective being some lumbering.  The last time I talked to Fart University (Purdue Fort Wayne, or PFW, hence the nickname), I was told that if there was anyone doing wood removal, it "was likely the neighbors".  After questioning the property manager for Fart U WHY he would allow 'neighbors' to come onto their property and do this, I never heard back, so I'm not wasting MY breath on these idiots. 

However, as I discovered...






...the above carnage didn't bother the bunnies...







...or the woodies...






 ...nor the deer, as we shall see in a bit.



3/4 mile...





And then it was this young buck, who let me get surprisingly close on the back trail.  But he wasn't alone...


here he is soon later in the woods... and he had a buddy...





A second young buck... and behind them, two more I didn't get because just then a jogger went by.  Really guys, WHY run in a beautiful woods, when you don't stop and see the BEAUTY around you?  If you just want the sweat, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE SHADE, DIPSTICK!


The one mile mark...



And do you believe this?  The very hill that Scrappy once looked down at me from...




...the 'loggers' stripped the vegetation off one whole side!  Not the side Scrappy climbed, but seriously, why?


Mile and a quarter:  "You are leaving the woods.  Come back soon!"

Mile and a half, just past the Alumni Pond

Amazing mid flight pic of the Swamp Monarch, who swung by to say hi...




Nothin' Doin' at the river, either...




At the mile and 3/4 mark, I catch up with my "Swamp Duck" gang, and... Hey! Someone's missing!


"Here I iz!"

Just because it was pretty


Just before I hit the two mile mark, up by the south end of the Ponderosa Trail, I ran into a lady with two dogs in her car.  She feeds the cat and her kittens that are apparently hiding in the barn (when they're not being consumed by the foxes).  We had a nice talk about the woods, the deer, dogs ("I think God should have a rule that no dog can die before the owner does").  I was considering this very thing, as the Ponderosa Trail has always seemed to really bring my grief out for no real reason.  Church today, the pastor talked about Godly grief vs worldly grief: "With worldly grief, it's not the sin you hate- it's yourSELF."  Dead on, there.  Thus I went this way to start burying it.  This sweet lady was a big help.  Her dogs, a big Mastiff "guard dog" and a little curly-haired old bugger "mostly blind and completely deaf", not so much.

As I said, mile two- Ponderosa Trail

2 and a quarter- south end of the new (and rarely used, BTW) soccer fields

And finally, mile 2.5- just about home!

6 comments:

  1. I can see that you'll be taking that walk again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris,

    Thanks for the tour around your trails and loved seeing how all the wildlife is handling the heavy hand of the loggers or whoever it is.

    You definitely made the right decision to go out and enjoy a beautiful day, and I'm glad you brought your phone/camera:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many awesome photos I so miss going for a walk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss having someone to go with me, but always thank God for the ability to do so..

      Delete