What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, October 28, 2019

On the home front



So I thought I might take the time to update the personal life around these here parts, since it's been a while.


The elephant in the room:  Laurie is having a hysterectomy Friday.  Today we learned a lot about what is going on and what is to come.  A lot of good prognoses, some scary stuff.  One thing that burst the bubble of someone who heard "outpatient" and rejoiced is that they STILL want her off work for possibly 4 weeks.  Plus they gave her a bag of soaps, shakes, and other such stuff that came near to putting ME in the hospital!  I know most of you know most of this, and we both appreciate the prayer time you have invested.  Believe me, it's coming back to you.

The other elephant: somewhat as a result, no new doggie as yet.  But God has graced us with two wonderfully fun grandkids (see above), and that helps mitigate things to a point.  But Laurie learned Saturday night that it only takes a couple of seconds doing something me and Scrappy used to do together to bust out the tears.  Doesn't help that everytime I pass Purdue Fort Wayne's oh-so-necessary disc golf course, AKA 'our' woods, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of monsters destroying all our memories.  But hey, have fun, don't mind me.


Speaking of grandkids:  Peanut is getting more and more intelligible words mixed in with the usual jibber jabber everytime I see him.  And, I hear tell, he's starting to get the connection between telling Mommy and Daddy 'no' and "ka-BOOM!"  And so much fun to wrestle with!  It used to be our game with the legos was, "Gampaw builds, Peanut scatters", but now he's building his own stuff.  Saturday he made one that I said looked like two doggies sniffing each other's butts.

I'm going to have to shift nicknames on Grayson from "pistachio" to "Smiley", because I've never seen such a smiley baby.  That or "wiggles", since that's the other thing he's good at.  You wouldn't think you could have so much fun just holding something that can't do more than make googly eyes at you, but there it is.



I know I haven't talked about work in a while, and I won't do so now.  Other than that the hole we fell into when all our customers decided to build themselves into a glut is one our company doesn't anticipate them digging out of till this time next year. 5 million companies in the USA, and enough brains to run about 2.5 million.


I have a Wednesday study coming up soon that has set me on a new tack- it found 12 things that we learned from Peter because he did them wrong at one point- and I've got them posted at work to remind me to do them right.  That will actually come up this Wednesday.

Which reminds me:  The Facebook battle.  The blog being posted there is still in limbo until the Divine Zook looks down from his cloud and tells me why he thinks this blog is spam.  In the meantime, those of you who follow us on FB found out we have went from "LaurieEasterdayChrisMartin" to Christopher W Martin, because some idiot left wing troll thought he could get revenge on me (for telling him his mama was coming downstairs to check on his well-being) by turning our two-name blog in because the Zook wants us all divorced.  I kinda got forced into putting my own name, but in 60 days when I can change it again by fiat of the Divine Zook, well... let's just say I'm entertaining ideas for the new name.

So now, I need to read the file with Laurie's list of instructions, so's I know when to let her go and when to hit her with the tranq dart.  Keep us in the prayers, and I'll keep you updated.

6 comments:

  1. Your gr-babies are incredibly cute. I cannot say enough about the fun we have had and are having with ours. New gr-son joining his big brother of 18 mo. If I lived near enough, I would cover them with kisses, and play on the floor with his cars.

    Prayers for your good wife. Outpatient? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to ssay all babies are gorgous but then thought of some of my nieces and nephews that started out as ugly babies. So all are not gorgous just yours and mine and a few others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I guess it depends a lot on if you're the mom or not...

      Delete
  3. Good Luck tomorrow. I had back to back surgeries and had a whole host of soaps and such to use, it does help keep the risk of infection down. I KNOW she will be okay... I escaped having one the last time I went in, but I know it will eventually have to happen.

    And I'm so sorry to hear about Scrappy. When we lost Mr. chewey I thought there was no way I'd get another animal, and yet, Alaska found us. When the time is right, God will send you just the right fur baby.

    I'll keep you in my thoughts. Just keep squishing that baby! That will keep the spirits up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We survived and made it home that night. I suspect she's not going to do much but sleep today, though. I still cry about every day over Scrappy, and sleep with "Farty Hippo and Chocolate Moose" to get through.

      Delete