What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Wednesday Bible Study: The end of all things- Joel


Today as I type this, I'm on what I hope is the far end of the health fun I described last week on another post, so believe me I'm barely getting by on this.  Joel 3 at first blush seems to be the standard "End of the world, and Israel survives" chapter.  This is good for me, but bad from a teaching/learning standpoint.  But we can take a motorboat across the Sea of Galilee this week, and just hit a few wave-crests.

In fact, let's do it as if answering questions from a skeptic.  Ready?
Q1:  When is this all going to take place?

The answer here is as specific as it gets:

Joe 3:1  "For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem...

Over the last few weeks, we've been reminded of Jesus saying only the Father knows the date and time.  We heard Daniel- a prophet so valued an angel fought demons for a month just to get to him- get told, "Go your way!" when he asked. Religious fakers, code breakers, even devout, intelligent men like Isaac Newton, speculated on the date.  But the answer is, and always will be- "When God wills- and not a moment before".  HINT:  This means one of the best ways to expose a false teacher or church is if they take a guess that contains more than, "soon."

Q2:  Why should we even believe God cares?  If He hasn't hit us with lightning all this time...

A2:  Joe 3:4  "What are you to me, O Tyre and Sidon, and all the regions of Philistia? Are you paying me back for something? If you are paying me back, I will return your payment on your own head swiftly and speedily.


God isn't blind to the arrogance of doubters; He is, however, blind to their timetables.  He has shown over and over that sometimes, a land or people's evil has to be built up to just the right amount.  For example, in Genesis 15, God tells Abram his progeny will live in Egypt, "for the iniquity of the Amorites [is] not yet full".  He's going to give them time to commit every arrogance.  And then....


Q3: Fine, wipe out the whole world.  You'll take out the good with the bad.  Isn't that why you 'left the tares grow with the wheat" in the parable?

Guess, what, this is the harvest time, the cups of iniquity are full- Marquis of Queensbury rules no longer apply.  Plus....

Joe 3:16  The LORD roars from Zion, and utters his voice from Jerusalem, and the heavens and the earth quake. But the LORD is a refuge to his people, a stronghold to the people of Israel.


God's had the defense and protection of His People (the ones not fallen to pride, arrogance, and mammon) planned out all along.  Look here...

Rev 12:5  She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne,
Rev 12:6  and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.


"She", to all but tradition blinded Catholics, is the people Israel.  It was the Jews, not the church, which gave birth to the Messiah.  I understand that's hard to swallow when your leaders tell you 'tradition is equal to Scripture; Scripture is just a guide"-as I was- but this is the story of how Israel will be supernaturally protected the back end of the Great Tribulation- 3 1/2 years, or 1,260 days.


Okay, I am fading big time here, so one more question, Mr Skeptic:

Q4: The same one I asked before- If He hasn't done it yet, why should I believe He will?

A4:  Joe 3:19  "Egypt shall become a desolation and Edom a desolate wilderness, for the violence done to the people of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.
Joe 3:20  But Judah shall be inhabited forever, and Jerusalem to all generations.
Joe 3:21  I will avenge their blood, blood I have not avenged, for the LORD dwells in Zion." 


Get it?  He's not blind he hasn't paid you back-yet.

4 comments:

  1. Another interest post that I am glad I read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Chris, I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling but I'm glad you're at least on the mend. Here are some more healing prayers.

    Click link below for my new domain. Warmly,
    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the struggle is just about over now- but next, normal sets back in. Yikes!

      Delete