What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, April 16, 2021

Doggie Disaster M10 post

 


So this week I just don't have the wherewithal to do a whole Time Machine because of the ordeal getting a certain four-legged someone back to health, but I did want to do the M10- and a little something in the nature of canine music.  But before I do...


10- Seven weeks on the chart, dropping from five to ten, the Fratellis and Action Replay/.

9- This is the first of two debuts, both by acts that have seen the M10 before, and both have seen #1 before!  From a new lp called You Hear Georgia, here's new Blackberry Smoke...





*******************************************

So I was thinking about doggie songs, and I'm sure Many of you first thought "Who Left The Dogs Out", but I tend to think of songs I'd actually want to listen to.  So I'm going to list my top ten of songs with dog in the title I most like to listen to- with one song about a dog that gets special consideration.  (BTW, sorry AC/DC fans, I am not one especially, so Giving The Dog A Bone don't make it...)

10- How about we start with Heart's Dog And Butterfly?  I like their more mellow stuff.

9- illuminati hotties had a hit on the M10 a while back called I Want To Keep Yr Dog.  Not one of their best, but it is an M10 post so...

8- I would likely hear from Laurie if we didn't include the Monkees and Gonna Buy Me A Dog....


***********************************************************

The M10 continues...

8- Rogue Waves moves up a pair in week 2 with Aesop Rock.  Be sure you listen to this and not Aesop Rock with Rogue Waves, I did not approve that message...

7- The new biggest hit of M10 history....


American Pie slides 3 spots in week #11.....

6-  Elton John moves up one with Big Man In A Little Suit from the Jewel Box box set.

5- And here's that other debut way up here!  For the first time since they topped the M10 in May of 2016 with Ride It Out, here's Australia's Redspencer...




***********************************************

Doggie songs....

I have to interject at this point that I am utterly amazed by the number of song sites I found that tried to include Simon and Garfunkel's The BOXER as a dog title...


7- Patty Page with her #1, How Much For That Doggie In The Window.  Moments ago, I had to force down the throat of this doggie in the window, the ickiest of her 8, count 'em, 8 meds, so she's probably about ready to put Daddy through the window...

6- Shhh... I don't want them coming in and turning this into a goof-fest, but the Everly Brothers come next with Bird Dog.

5- And if you know this one, you'll be saying, "So why did Chris think the Boxer was so off-topic", but I rank here Nazareth's Hair Of The Dog.

"Yeah, not a lot to really do with dogs there..."

******************************************************************


The M10 rolls on...

4- Maddie and Tae move up 2 with Woman You Got....

3- From here on out, we hold our positions! Three belongs to Dami Im and Lonely Cactus...

2- Again, the former #1 by The Explorer's Club and Don't Waste Her Time....

****************************************************************

Doggie songs....

4-  


3- Puppy Love, pick your version, I ain't fussy here....



2-       
"You  best have Hound Dog here...."


You got it, big buddy!  And that brings us to a pair of #1s....


For the M10, that is a third week for....


...Matthew Sweet and Blown Away (which, ironically enough on Doggie week, is from an album called Catspaw...)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And the doggie #1, which has no "dog" in the title, but is actually ABOUT a dog....





And there you go!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard most of the dog songs. But dog meds and stubborn dogs are my wheelhouse.

    Lady Alaska takes hers hidden in a freshly cooked omelet with Munster cheese. One bite for mum, one loaded bit for her. Literally. She has to eat with me and think I've just broken off a piece of MY omelet for her so it's "safe". WTF?

    ReplyDelete