What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, August 1, 2021

The Better Part, week #31

 


This week's FB posts:


The Better Part, day #166:
 
 
Today, Charles Stanley was talking about frustration- a subject I definitely need to listen on. My morning began in frustration and was continuing on. Before he could finish, of course, a work "emergency" occurred. But 2 things I do know: One, Stanley pointed out that perhaps, frustration is another way that God is using to get my attention about something. And 2, I considered that most of my frustration starts at a root cause of not being where I NEED to be in my walk.
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #167:
 
 
A sermon I was listening to mentioned some kind of meeting in Davos where George Soros named evangelicals the one thing standing in the way of the "coming reset." True? I don't care. There are only 2 things about George Soros and his ilk I need to know: He can't change my mind about Jesus, and He can't overthrow my God. Everything else he does is just digging his own grave.
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #168:
 
 
This goes good with my Wednesday Bible Study posts on the blog. From Jack Hibbs on the benefits of prophecy: "We've seen the end of the book, we know it's going to come out great, despite all the things happening around us. It's the announcement that takes the edge off!"
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #169:
 
 
Psa 4:1 To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. A Psalm of David. Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have given me relief when I was in distress. Be gracious to me and hear my prayer! 
 
 
When I read this this morning, it made me think of the connection to Paul, telling us how Jesus gives us the breastplate of HIS righteousness... and then David Jeremiah mentions that one of the great things about the Bible is that it "backs itself up"- and I saw that this was an example!
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day# 170:
 
 
That moment when you realize all of your, "God, why didn't You..."s were answered with, "I did. Why didn't you follow through?"

2 comments: