What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, August 29, 2021

The Better Part, Week #35

 

This week's FB posts:


The Better Part Day #183:
 
I've been using our company's "6S" list as the basis of a morning work prayer. Had a meltdown today, right after deciding I should share it with you here. Today's bigger lesson- When you pray for spiritual guideposts, remember to add, "and brace me for Your practical tests"!
 
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #184:
 
 
As you might imagine, today I really needed to pray about the car situation, and my mind didn't want to let me focus. So I did something I don't often do- I randomly opened the Bible for help. Here is what I hit:
Jon 2:2 ...saying, "I called out to the LORD, out of my distress, and he answered me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and you heard my voice. "
 
 
 
The Better Part, day #185:
 
I mentioned the "6S" prayer I use at work the other day. Let me share part of it:
 
Sort: At work it means putting away tools and materials you aren't going to use. For my prayer, it means to Ask that Jesus remove from my mind the distractions I don't need.
 
Set In Order: At work, this means to line up what you need for the job where you can easily get it. For me, it means move my mind and my thoughts, my actions and my mouth, in alignment with what I believe, not what I'm "used to".
 
Shine/Sweep: Work is obvious; for me much the same- forgive my sins, aim me away from them.
 
More tomorrow.
 
 
The Better Part, Day # 186:
 


The Better Part, day #187:
 
The second half of that 6S:
 
Standardize: At work, it means keep your tools, etc, in a logical order. For me, it means keep my walk with His walk.
 
Sustain: Pretty obvious either way. For me, though, it takes a whole lot more prayer than the average person is used to.
 
Safety: At work, you're consciously trying to achieve it; for me, it means consciously asking God to achieve it.

4 comments:

  1. An unusual post, and very appropriate.

    Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a lot harder the last week or so to come up with helpful things with work (and everything else, see Friday's post) spinning into chaos. But God shows me and I share.

      Delete