What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, August 27, 2021

We interrupt our regular programming...

 This is just not going to be a good Time Machine week.  You'll see the planned post in its glorious entirety next week.  But let's start this week with Tuesday.  I was just going for the door to go to work when the Fire Dept knocked and said...



"...your car is on fire..."


Apparently an arcing wire caught the battery.  Before you say, "How terrible," let's look at how good God was to us:


-We were home, not on the road, not at work.

-We weren't parked somewhere where someone else's car could have been damaged.

- We were up, so we at least had our usual night's sleep.

-Insurance and work were easy to work with.


We move on, after a lot of prayer by ourselves and others, to Thursday, which was "shopping day".  I was nothing but nerves, but in my daily Bible reading, I hit this verse:


Psa 37:8  Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil. 


Moments later, walking Misty, I felt God tell me, "Don't worry it; I've got it.  Doesn't matter what car you get, I take care of you."

Which set my mind and soul at ease; my chest was still as tight as it's ever been.  But it eased off when I heard the words, (Not from God, but the FCU): "I can't see why you wouldn't be approved."


Hours later, well, let's let Misty show you:


"Here's what they left me at home half the day to get..."

"It's a 2011 Chevy Cruze, gold, drives a lot like the Impala did (so Daddy tells me), so everyone's happy!"


God came through here, and Praise to the One who kept me from despairing the situation!  However, when we got home, now I learned about the terrorist attacks in Kabul.  On that, I have nothing to say, other than calling on the mercy of God for His help and comfort.  However, it does drain the last dregs of my mental energy, so we'll put the massive undertaking known as Time Machine off till next week.


2 comments:

  1. You are bloody lucky............
    In a weird way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not lucky- just safe in the hands of God. I cannot say enough how His presence was with us the whole journey.

      Delete