What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, December 16, 2022

M10 show, week # 52

 

So this week, we're at a year's worth of posts, though actually more than a year in time, and...

Elvis:  Ichhh!  What're ya doin', boring the audience ta death?

You of all people should be happy, because I just had to bring in our old friend Nardole today!


E:  Hey, Noodle!  What're you doing here?

N: I'm sure I don't know...

Well, after what I just saw, I thought you might could use to be around some old friends...

E: What, what'd ya see?

Before I mention it, first we have two debuts this week, and we really should play the first.  Nardole, how about you do the intro?

N:  Something tells me this might be the ONLY pleasant part of this visit... At any rate, this debut comes from the Smashing Pumpkins, off their Atum 1 disc...at #10, this is Beyond The Vale...

 


**********************************************************

 

E: Awright, out with it!

Well, I was looking about the "Lists" feature on Comic Book Resources, and there was Nardole, right in between Rose Tyler and River Song...

E:  That's a pretty good place ta be, ya ask me!  So what's the catch...

Um... it was #9 on a list of "the most hated Doctor Who characters"...

E: WHAAAT?

N: Hated?  I wouldn't have thought anyone even cared...

Well, keep in mind it was just the opinion of this one writer...

E: What did she hate about him?  I always thought he was kinda cuddly...

N: SIR!  The hands, please!

She claims, " Given his jarring childlike charisma, Nardole often came off as dull to fans of Doctor Who."

 

E: "Jarring childlike charisma?"  Even I know ya can't have charisma an' be dull!  You don't worry about this, Noodle! She don' know what she's talkin' about! I once had some jerk call one a' my concerts, "a depressingly incoherent, amateurish mess served up by a bloated, stumbling and mumbling figure who didn't act like "The King" of anything, least of all rock 'n' roll."

N: And, was it?

E: How should I know?  I was so drugged up th... I mean, of course not!  I was just havin' some troubles sleepin' is all...

Maybe you should intro the other debut...

E: Well, if ya think I won' mumble... #9 is new stuff by a guy whose been around a long time, just never here.  This is called, Rebels Without Applause, and it's by Morrissey...

 

************************************************************

 

Nicely done!  I should mention that our poor shiny-topped friend here isn't the only one that got bad news... This week's Billboard Hot 100 put's Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas back at #1....

N: If I might ask, how does that constitute 'bad news'?

Because it officially ties her with Cher for oldest woman to hit #1, at 52 years old!

E:Haw! I bet she's lovin' that!

Of course, she was just 24 when she recorded it... Cher was 52 when Believe came out. And Carey's song took twenty-five years to actually hit the top, due to various, since-rescinded rules. The last time Cher hit the chart was Song For The Lonely, which hit #85 in 2002 when she was...

E: 85?

Actually 56...

N:  The two of you certainly went the long way around for THAT bit...

I agree, and I am certainly ashamed of myself...

E: Yeah, right...

...So let me end this with  the rest of the M10.

8- Smalltown Poets up 2 with Christmas Time Again... 

7- Up one for White Reaper and Pages...

6- Up 3 for Lucius and Muse...

5- Down 2 for the #1 song of 2022, and the new #2 all-time, Broken Bells and Love On The Run...

4- Down 2 for the #2 song of the year and the new #11 all-time, Lucius and The Man I'll Never Find...

3- Up 3 for Joji and Die For You...

2- Up two for the Four Seasons and Sleeping Man...

...and remaining at #1....

 


 ...Talk and Run Away To Mars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well, that prolly put us on this year's naughty list... see you next week!

5 comments:

  1. Tim is sitting behind me and didn't like me listening to the clips as he is watching Mountain Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds scary! Maybe you shoulda made him read the post with you...

      Delete
  2. I recently discovered Talk, a fellow Canadian, (How cool is that?) when he performed on Late Night with James Corden. Love his voice and the whole presentation! I've been absent from the Blogosphere, but wanted to stop in to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. 🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canada has always best in per capita great acts! Merry and blessed Christmas to you as well! Try to stop by after New Years for whatever I decide to do for my year-end countdown.

      Delete