What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, December 12, 2022

Martin World News


 Boy, it's been a long time, and most news STILL isn't that funny!  But I've found a page on BoredPanda (dot) com called "50 of the most unhinged local news headlines", and thought I might share a few, with commentary...


It takes a while scrolling down the list to find ones that are both amusing and clean enough to share here- I am trying to upgrade my standards from "High School"- so bear with me.


This item begs many questions- Why would someone put Ah-nold in their window (perhaps burglar security?), Why would some of these nervous parents (or staffers) not just walk over and ask what's going on (apparently "across the way" is fraught with pitfalls and man-traps?), and how much learning is actually accomplished by the "Learning Center"?



I'm going to guess sex was a bit odd here... but I guess when ironing is your biggest concern...


Here's "Better Proofreading Now!" #1...


Ask Keith Moon, it was a logical mistake...

"Better Proofreading Now!" #2...


Well, it WAS a critic post, wasn't it?  


See, if this community had "Baby Boxes" at fire stations like we have here, not only would the police have not been bothered, but a fireman could have been fed.

Here's a good Caveat Emptor posting...


Perhaps the driver should have called the 900 number at $10 per hour first...



Best to buy the sturdy chips for this one!



Now, I like Arsenal, but would never have named my daughter after a soccer team!  Hey, Shenan, wanna change your name to Snihplod?


Next up, the "You had to be there" award winner...



Makes you wonder what the girlfriend was dressed as... (NOTE:  I checked the article- doesn't say.  Maybe a box of Raisinettes?)


"Let's all go to the lobby..."

And finally, one from the "Color me skeptical" file...


"...it was biscuits AND gravy, darn you!"


If you wish, you can peruse the other 40 (#5 almost made it) at this page.

4 comments:

  1. Let's all go to the lobby!

    I haven't seen that in a goodly number of years. Good job, and a tip of the old fedora to you, Sir!

    ReplyDelete