What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sometimes you get the glory...

 So today it's Sunday.  We were supposed to get an inch at most of snow, starting at 4 AM and ending shortly thereafter.



It is now 1130 AM, we have around 2 1/2 inches, and it's still coming down.  Nothing makes the words "local meteorologist" equal the word "fool" like the word "snow".

For whatever reason, Misty's usual, "Yay!  Snow" attitude turn to "Snow.  Whatever."  I usually can send her on wild tears across the white stuff just by saying, "Snow Nose!"  Today she's at "Not interested", verging on, "Screw this!"  I don't know if she's aging a lot faster than I like or just out of shape since between the weather and my being sick, we've only took 2 real walks since Christmas.


Better news, yesterday we got to meet Laurie's new Grandniece (or great-niece, whichever)...


That tiny heartbreaker is Melina Rain, a about a week and a half old.  It's been about three years since I got to hold one that small, and we had a great time.  She makes Laurie's 6th time being a great aunt, first one from mommy Emily.  She has been the good balance today against a bad weather day and a worse news day.

Some nut job decided (I know maybe not appropriate, but laugh to keep from crying) to play Elmer Fudd at the Year of the Rabbit celebration in Monterrey CA early this morning, killing 10 celebrators and getting away for the time being.  Yes, yes, gun control, blah blah blah.  Here's the thing:  This society, this world, is consistently finding ways to push Christ out of the way.  As a result, Satan and his little buddies fill in the vacuum.  Thus we have more and more hatred- I hate cops, I hate Asians, I hate old white men, I hate my kindergarten teacher, etc etc- and more and more people with no moral fiber basis to act on that hatred. Try curing that with laws, especially ones that say Christians are intolerant and should be forced to act against their morals JUST LIKE WE DO.


I'm sticking with Christ.  You want to crucify me for it, here I am. (Knowing I'm not talking to any regular reader here, BTW.  With the price of eggs what it is, I know I'm safe from you guys...)


So yeah, I'm midway between the smile that baby put on my face and looking for a place to hide from the world.  Wishing Misty'd find a spark of enthusiasm to brighten my day.  And about lunchtime away from a nap.

6 comments:

  1. We have so far been spared by the white stuff. I fear it is coming though. Alaska doesn't mind the snow as much as the rain, so walks are definitely easier when in flake form. I hope you gave that baby tons of snuggles. THAT is what I cling to in the face of society's crazy, the beauty of unspoiled goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As many as I could! Surprisingly, Laurie was willing to share ;) She really liked my baby voice for some reason.

      Delete
  2. You are so blessed! You got to hold a precious little gift from God! I miss holding a baby. My gr-kids are still young, but the babies are growing or far away from us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize how special it would be till you get that head-in-the-elbow, butt-in-the-hand, slow rock going and you get about 15 seconds of peaceful easy feeling and then out she goes...

      Delete