What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, March 3, 2023

M10 show week #61

 

So this week is going to be an example of a normal week here...

Elvis: Why? whut're we gonna screw up this week?

No, I just meant, nobody died, no "look what I stumbled onto" special, Two debuts on the M10...

An' fend fer ourselves fer dinner...

And fend for ourselves on dinner.  This will be a quick knockout, so if you'll do us the inestimable honor of cranking out the first debut, I'll prepare us a little fun with the "song I wouldn't turn off" this week!

Sure...here's some guys that ain't been around here for a bit, Two Door Cinema Club at #10...

 

**************************************************************** 

That wuz fun!

I thought so, too!  And this week we go to 1988 for the song I wouldn't turn off.  There were a lot more I liked this week in '88 than what we've been having... not  any close-but-not-quites, though.  My song was on the way down at #44, but 7 weeks back it was on top of the Cashbox chart.  So that leaves 43 songs in front of it.  Out of them, I put 13 in the like pile, 9 as don't care one way or the other, 3 hates- and yes, one was a Michael Bolton... and 17 I didn't know by name.

Just curious- what else didja hate?

You know, oversharing what I hate got me in trouble with someone on Time Machine, a long time back...

  So? Free speech, ain't it? 

Yeah, it is... if you must know, they would be the #1- George Michael's Father Figure; and Whitney Houston's Where Do Broken Hearts Go at #34, for no better reason than how completely her butchery on I Will Always Love You turned me off of her.  If not for that, I might have put it in the don't care pile.

See, how c'n people 'spect ta agree with ya, when ya can't even agree with y'self?

Can I get to the song I wouldn't turn off now?

Fire away, boss!

 


 
George Harrison and Got My Mind Set On You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gak!  Another Beatle!

Oh, grow up!  Our second debut is a song KC introduced me to.  You'll notice I used the "clean" version of this song here... But the riff is just so engaging, I had to bring it in!  Here's Newcomer Aiden Bissett at #9....

 

**************************************************** 

So, whut else we got this week?

Only that there are at least 5 songs on the M10- plus one that is in the unofficial #11 spot- I'd have liked to be able to put 3 notches or so higher! Bud, you get the M10!

Geez, I kinda feel skimped this week!  Anyway, here ya go...

8- That's Wet Leg's Angelica, down 4 in week #6...

7- That's Maneskin and Tom Morello with Gossip, still stuck at the same spot...

6- There's one that actually did move- up four fer Imagine Dragons an' Follow You...

5- Down 2 fer the Arcs and A Man Will Do Wrong...

4- There's another climber, up four fer Tennis an' Forbidden Doors...

3- a 2-spot climb fer Cafune and Reconsider...

2- Brought to a screeching halt shy of the top, Linkin Park and Lost....

An' still at the top...

 


 ...Lauren Daigle an' Look Up, Child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, see ya next week, gang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

4 comments:

  1. A couple of light and breezy tunes this week. The first video was fun to watch. ☺ A big YUCK for Michael Bolton, from me. Not a huge fan of George Michael or Whitney Houston either, but unlike you, I enjoyed her version of Dolly's song - and it made Dolly a shit ton of money, which she put to good use. George Harrison's song is good too, but after a while, I'd want to switch to something harder-edged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I commented on this already! (Dolt of the day award to... me!) Always glad to cheer for another Bolton-hater, lol!

      Delete