What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

And thus, today will be a slow-down day


Because last night my loving son took me out to a local beer pub...

This is KC arriving at Ted's Beer Hall.

Thirty beers on tap, on a rolling screen

Here we are, with out first order.  Mine was a Imperial Stout from Epic Brewing called Big Bad Baptist.  It was just okay. KC had a Saugatuck Bonfire Brown and a Ted's Beer! blonde ale from local outfit Mad Anthony's.

My take on his two- the brown had a caramel smell but not much of a taste.  The Ted's had a toasty backtaste that was kinda leaning towards the 'dirty sock' end of the spectrum for me.


Just so you know- much like everything else this morning, my computer is fighting hard to be a horse's rear today. Hopefully we will now move on without further incident. 

 

Nope.  Definitely further incident.  How this computer misreads this crap is beyond me.  But, here goes again...

See, I knew you could do it!  I rather liked this picture, but KC preferred this...


At any rate, we now have a new lineup.  My big glass was another imperial stout, this one by Casita brewing out of North Carolina, which they decided should be named Bladow.  Much better, with a strong caramel taste.  The little one was a Resin IPA from Sixpoint Brewery out of Brooklyn.  A strong piney hop aroma, surprisingly smooth going down.  I'll never love IPAs, but this wasn't bad.

KC, in the meantime, has now added a small (earlier, not in picture) and a full-size of a Waist Deep pilsener form Indy's own Big Lug Brewery.  He' declared it "Oberon with orange", and was quite pleased.  I thought it more of a shandy than a pilsener.


Next, KC decided he wanted a mixed drink and we adjourned to the nearby Arena Bar, where I had a couple of Blue Moons and a burger.
Pretty dead on Monday.

KC playing a couple of songs we never really listened to.

 Now we move on to this morning's pre-dawn excursion...




Deer in the distance

As I was telling Laurie, this was Misty backtracking to sniff a varmint trail. The leash looped under her tail, and the metal ring (for in case you want to hook a non-bungee line to it) was up against her you-know-what.  This led to her simulating something being wrong with her back end (basically trying to "poop" it away) until I saw the problem and, er, de-ringed her.


The water is gone, so too the frogs.  Misty refuses to believe.

Something new at the river landing- but why?

Fooey on the river- too much green algae by the shore.

"Oh, okay, I'll walk on the pavement today...

...for a little while..."



Today's 'deer just standing there' was on the main trail through the woods as we exited the ravine trail.

They've cut a path through Scrappy's former 'favorite drinking hole'. He would've been mad; Misty don't care, and to me it's one less mosquito pit.




He greeted our return with angry chatter.  How rude!


3 comments:

  1. Ok one thing I can't stand the smell or taste of is beer really yuck for me. Next as I scrolled through looking at Misty I suddenly thought she had turned into a deer which of course she did it just was a deer, silly me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be honest, the big upside to Celiac is that I can't drink beer. Not that I ever liked the taste of it much. Love that she's out and about, Addisons is tough, it's the other side of cushings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladies, if it helps any, I coulda done without the second stop... At any rate, I think we can stop worrying about Misty- a dog who used to need a day off after a 2 mile walk just finished her second one of the day fresh as a daisy! The meds have literally added two years to her life, from what we thought was advancing age...

      Delete