What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Thursday, December 21, 2023

M10 Show- the 100th anniversary Christmas Party!

 


(Applause ripples across the room, as a familiar face takes the stage....)



Wayne Newton:  Hello ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our Christmas party 2023!  Without further ado, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



*****************************************

(Wild applause at TP&THB finish and elvis comes out...)



E:  Thanks, Tom, I really appreciate you comin' out like this!

T:  Well, you 'n' me got one big thing in common now- nothin' better to do!

E:  I know yer right there!

W: Say, Tom, since you're now a member of the Musical Tardis 'dead guests club', let me ask you- do you have any advice for the viewers?

T:  I sure do- do NOT forget the reason for the season.  You may think that new Chevy Tahoe is the best Christmas gift you'll ever get- but you're wrong.

E:  Amen ta that, Tommy.  Ladies and gentlemen, Tom Petty! (Applause)  Nice ta have ya back on the show, Wayne...

W: You MEAN that? you really mean...

E:  Now don' get all gushy, I got another guest to innerduce!  Folks, this gent I had ta do a LOT of talkin' to ta get him to come- specifically, "No Donald Duck suit this time!"  Well Chris ain't here tonight, so's I c'n guarantee it!  Here's the legendary Elton John!





*********************************************************

W:  Wow, great performance, Sir Elton!

EJ:  Speaking for those of us who still walk the earth, glad I could be here!

W: Say, what WAS the deal with the Donald Duck suit?

EP:  See, Elton?  Now ya know why we usually tie him up about now!  

EJ:  That was actually an outfit I performed in in 1980 in Central Park, New York.  I actually cracked up trying to sing Your Song- something about that bit, 'It's a little bit funny' in a duck suit...

W: You sang a song for me? Wow, and I wasn't even there to hear it...

EJ:  Are you sure? There were 400,000 people milling about that day...

EP:  Don' humor the idjit!  That was the name of the song, it wasn't a song FOR YOU....

Sorry, I'll go hide now...

EP : Later, we got a show ta do!  Thanks again for coming on.  Everyone, Sir Elton John!!!!!

(Wild applause...)

Friends, this is our third Christmas bash, an' I tried my best ta make each one a little special.  It's about family, an' friends, but most of all, it's about a little baby that was more'n just a baby- an he did more than just be born, he died so's we could make it ta rock'n'roll heaven.  So now, I'm a-gonna give ya a little of both ta close out the show... Never before on our stage, here is Anthony Osche with Cyrielle Duval....


******************************************************************

EP:  So you two are actually a band, too?

AC:  Yeah, we are called Black Hellebore... 

W: Sounds scary!

CD:  It's actually another name for the Christmas Rose, really...

AC:  Our new CD, Disorder, is out right now- except it's kind of, well, on backorder right now.  But if you go on our site, you can order it, with the band's signatures, for ten Euros...

W:  I have a question- did she win the Beauty Contest this year?

EP:  You knucklehead, like I'd let you within ten miles of a beauty contest, after what you did on the last one!  Not that you couldn't, ma'am...

CD:  Aw, how sweet!

EP:  Well, that's it fer the show, hope y'all enjoyed! Fer all the guests, Wayne, Chris, an' myself, Merry and blessed Christmas!

W:  Hey, Anthony just invited us to an 'after party".  Wanna go?  

EP:  With you... an' Tom Petty?  Ooh, this ain't gonna be good....

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Chris Kringle!

    Here I am, reporting for duty, your old buddy Shady. What better way to salivate the holidays than to come over for your 100th Anniversary Christmas Potty? I see familiar faces including Wayne Fig-Newton and Elvis the Pelvis. (Danke schön for inviting Wayne back as an emcee.)

    It's a bittersweet experience watching that live performance by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers knowing that the great rock star has been gone from our midst more than six years, having left us at the too young age of 66. It was a pleasure watching that vid of a much younger Elton John doing a holiday song I don't think I ever heard before. Loved it!

    Shirley, the icing on the holiday cake is the last song and video, the metal cover of "O Holy Night." In recent years, I have noticed a good number of bands doing metal versions of Christmas classics, religious and secular, and this one by Black Hellebore feat. Anthony shredding on guitar and Cyrielle belting out a powerful vocal, delivers the goods in a big way. The act is new to me and I appreciate the introduction. Thanks for including their electrifying performance in your holiday lineup!

    Well, Chris, I had a great time over here at TAW and thank you for inviting me to join. I have Part 11 of my 36-volume Saved series running right now and invite you to take a look and a listen. I especially urge you to watch the final video, "More Than A Monster," because it carries a timely message for all of us about bullying and meanness in general. I hope you like it.

    Thanks again for spreading holiday cheer, good buddy Chris. With fond memories of Scrappy still fresh in my mind, I wish you, Laurie and Misty a happy Christmas and all the best in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be over later today, rn I'm playing the top 15 for the week to Laurie, and prepping myself for the afterparty mess....

      Delete
  2. I'm still not over Tom Petty's death and it was a few years ago now. Excellent lineup of Christmas tunes, though! Of course, I appreciate the heavy metal, especially. ☺ Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Petty hit hard around here, too! I remember so long ago, my one nephew (we were all about the same age) got the first 2 albums for Christmas. At this point, Breakdown had barely dented the chart and we really didn't know him. My other nephew said, "He looks gay to me," and walked off. We looked at each other and said, "We thought he looked like him!" Good memories.

      Delete