What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, March 2, 2024

A post about nothing

 So I'm sitting here watching hockey scores from Europe (I have a bet on the games in Finland, lol) while Laurie gets away from me for a while goes shopping, and Misty vegges.  We had a walk this morning during which she uncharacteristically decided not to get a drink from the river, acted like her bladder was unhappy, got home and promptly barfed up snot a couple of times.  A true low impact day.


Today they are burying my former Mother In Law.  I didn't really get to know Ellen until after the divorce, and quite frankly 90% of what I was fed about her I never saw.  She seemed to me sweet, faithful, a bit scattered, but hardly the monster her ex and her daughters painted her to be.  I'm pretty sure I'll see her again in heaven; my only sadness is for the ones who saw her differently, whom I might not.


Laurie decided to bail on one of the many games she plays on her phone, and decided to cash her winnings into a $10 Amazon gift card for me to buy a new book on the cheap.  Getting the card last night required her to take a face-recognition picture on the site to prove she wasn't a bot.  What a bot looks like I'm not sure; but it must look like Laurie, because her darn phone didn't like her picture anyway she tried to take it!  So she decided, "Well, maybe Chris will work, I think he's human", and gave the phone to me to try.  After a bit of "Look into the oval/move closer/tilt up", my mug went right through.


So then this morning I got the e-mail with the card code.  I copied it and flew to Amazon, where at length I decided on another addition to my Michio Kaku collection.  But the code wouldn't work!  After a few minutes of fiddling, I realized that the code from the e-mail wasn't for Amazon; it was to go to their site and ACTIVATE the code for Amazon.  Nevertheless, all's well that ends well, and Parallel Worlds is on it's way to me.


Our latest game at home:  I've mentioned before about the several worldwide hockey teams we follow; at this point, we have several 20-goal scorers on these teams, and on the weekend, we play, "Most goals by the 20-goal scorers".  Last night, Laurie ruled the roost with 11. So far, I have a guy from Hungary who's netted a hat trick.  Of course, that's been a few minutes back, so I'll have to check the scores, excuse me for a minute or three.


Okay, no changes thus far.  Other than my Finland bet is pretty much lost as Shenan's team (KooKoo, and she picked them, not me) is beating Misty's team (Assat, which we naturally pronounce A**-Hat) 3-0 in the 3rd.  I only bet a dime on the lot, so no big deal.  I don't have near the "luck" to make big bets. Oh, look, one of Shenan's guys scored.


Welp, sorry to go so soon (and still having said nothing of import!), but my OU Ladies Softball team is about set to play, and I need to wrap here.  Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Posts about nothing are posts about something just look at some of the dribble I have posted over the years

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask any ex- about his or her erstwhile spouse or in-laws, and you'll get a story. Sometimes a story and a half.

    My SOP is to meet each person separately and get a first impression, then covertly ask mutual friends for their impression. For example, Migraine One had sterling qualities, but she also had faults - such as being bat-shit crazy, neurotic with psychotic episodes, and a drinking problem. She make public scenes and start fights at any family gathering. By contrast, her ex-old man seemed pretty much okay, and he was a good provider to his second wife and children. He had a little problem with chasing skirts, and you had to watch him, but otherwise he was okay.

    You probably pegged the ex-MIL correctly. Anyway, if she was a Christian, you'll see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You probably called the MIL correctly. I've often found that the more some alienated group maligns an affiliated person, the more likely it is that the target of their denunciations is actually quite nice. But maybe that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids said the same thing. My son and daughter, their cousin and her son showed for the funeral; my ex and her sister did not. I wonder if they'd be surprised when no one attends theirs... Heck, the way my ex is going, my son and I both said we prolly won't know she's dead till ten years after.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about your ex MIL, often emotions over cloud reality and only those on the outside can actually see what's going on. Sometimes posts about nothing are where it's at. I hope you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that, and we did. KC came over later and we drank a toast or three to family and love over hate.

      Delete