What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Life Is Like A Blog Post, revisited...

 So, it's Sunday evening, and I feel like doing a blog post.  Only thing is, I don't know what exactly to entertain you with.  Ironically, I went on my stats page and found out my most popular post over the last year was on from 2013 titled "Life Is Like a Blog Post..." .  Unfortunately, That post had several things that I no longer have, at least not today:  Scrappy, a walk that includes fox pictures, and a couple of spam e-mails to make fun of.  Now I do have Misty, and we did take a walk, and we did see a deer, but I didn't bring the camera; and I don't get a lot of amusing spam anymore, just stuff like the current "your prostate is the size of a lemon", which I believe to be incorrect.  I'm fairly sure there's nothing down there that size, whether that shape or not.


I did just discover that today (Sunday) is the six year anniversary of the great Martin-Gaul Autumn Walk...




A fond memory of loved ones gone... if not for Donna's feet!  This was what I discovered in learning that October 17th is a day that I have only ever took pictures on twice... in 2015 and 2016.  The later date was a much simpler set...



Today, though, Misty and I were content to do a) walk, b) Church, c) Sunday sweeping of doggie hair, d) nap.  So is life like a blog post today?


I guess so.  Some are packed full, some not so much.  Things you did or liked to do 6 years ago are not available or not wanted now.  And yet, an overwhelming number (by my Blogger stats) want to go living in the past.  Funny that as I type that I remember a poem from our high school creative writing group titled, "Don't Look Back- Only Future Counts".  But even that remembrance tells us that it is false.  By life verse, 1 Samuel 7:12, tells us that-


1Sa 7:12  Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name Ebenezer; for he said, "Till now the LORD has helped us."


You don't set up a stone without a need to remember.  But you can't take the step Israel took over and over- make an idol of it.  If there was one thing I learned from the heartache of losing Bob and Scrappy so close together, it was this-  do NOT make a 'god of grief' from them.


I bet about now you wish I had a spam comment to dissect, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Interestingly enough, I have started looking at my spam folder lately... apparently I also have a prostate the size of a lemon, who knew?

    I think any time you lose someone close to you it makes you think and reevaluate. I'm shopping new burial sites, and pre-need cremation certificates because of Nettie's death.

    Seriously... pre-need cremation vouchers. You can lock in at today's rates! I bet tomorrow I'll have a span email for that too... maybe even a coupon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.... I didn't know those lemons came in gender equivalents...

      Delete