What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, October 3, 2021

The Better Part, week #39

 


This week's Facebook posts:


The Better Part, Day #198:
 
One thing you'll see if you follow the blog-which-FB-thinks-is-spam on my Wednesday Bible Study was a down home truth that wrote itself under God's supervision, that slapped me across the face when I read what I typed: Compromising with sin is mocking God- and God is not mocked.
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #199:
 
Php 1:22 If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell.
Php 1:23 I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.
Php 1:24 But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account.
Php 1:25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith,
Php 1:26 so that in me you may have ample cause to glory in Christ Jesus, because of my coming to you again. 
 
Every day, I pray about not failing, about breaking old worn habits, about staying obedient. But, in this I keep forgetting that I'm here for a reason... and that reason ain't me.
 
 
 
The Better Part, day #200:
 
Rom 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
 
 
I know this may be common sense, but today as I listened to David Jeremiah speaking to the fact that this occurs as a result of "being in the Word", I realized- late but finally- that this, too is not a magic cure that God just gives you, but like the sign says at my job- "If you want it, work for it".
 
 
 
The Better Part, day #201:
 
 
Just a quick one, without details, but: that moment when you believe God has told you something, and you ask for a backup just to be sure, and you hear it on a program you weren't even planning to listen to...

1 comment: