What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, December 11, 2021

A tale of two walks

 So before I start, this is the morning after a terrible night of storms, mostly to the south of us.  The pictures I show of what happened at the far north tail of it are no way meant to make it seem like we suffered here.  But after you've joined me in thoughts and prayers for that group, come with me and follow us on a story of just pure fun.


First pictures come from Friday- a very foggy morning.



Two of three squirrels rampaging around the parking lot...

There goes the other into the Plex.


That white spot is a bicycler's taillight...

I thought it was odd to have these signs on this side of the canal.  Misty did too; she ran into the first one while sniffing.

At this point, half a mile in, I noticed I left my hat at home...


NO body at the Swamp



This picture is aimed right at the invisible Memorial Coliseum; the dark spot to one side is the Holiday Inn.  Compare it to the pic I took Saturday when we get there.




And now this morning.  You couldn't miss all the wind last night (and right now, for that matter).  But the rain?


That'll give you an idea how unsettled the weather...

Water water everywhere.  Getting on the wood's stone trails were the first solid ground we hit after leaving the complex...

Not the biggest stick we saw driven into the ground...


That bridge close to washed out... along with the biggest stick driven into the ground...


Dry land is at a premium...


Had to veer into the woods to avoid this...

Ditto....

"I'm getting tired just walking around the puddles!"


Stoney Run is as high as I've seen it without snow melt...


Remember that pic where you couldn't see the Coliseum?

I was trying to show the ducks trying to shelter from the wind, never knew those birds photobombed me...

And yet, with 30-40 MPH winds, there were disc golfers.  Thus proving this sport attracts either the hardiest or the stupidest.  Considering about 2 minutes later, Misty and I were both almost blown off the trail, I vote choice B.  Hope they love the washed-out bridge.

Just yesterday, I was wondering on how the water was so low that the quaint little waterfall in the Canal was silent.  Not so much today...


8 comments:

  1. Nice journey. Photos show what the weather is back in the east. We are praying for those in the tornadoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, as well.Laurie woke me up at first reports.

      Delete
  2. We've had similar weather, here. Devastating news about the tornadoes! My heart goes out to all those affected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great walk. The mist creates an ominous tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not near as bad as it is in the evening, but my camera isn't great with impending darkness.

      Delete