What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Thursday, December 9, 2021

A walk and more Christmas

 Wednesday wasn't quite so cold as Tuesday, so we got a decent morning walk in, relatively...







We happened to run into evidence that, despite I haven't heard any in a while, coyotes still roam the 100-acre wood.  If squeamish, scroll by really fast...



Bad part:  It took me a second or two to realize that the "mud" I stepped on as I focused on the carcass was a "sack" of deer guts.  Good news:  They left it right in the middle of one of the disc golf course paths, so they'll love that.  Indifferent news:  Scrappy would have been trying to sniff this all over, to the sound of me shouting, "NO!"  Misty?  She looked, didn't smell doggie pee, and moved on.









This hawk and his/her partner were screeching like devils and being chased by little birds when we came across them.  (I'm guessing due to amount of post-event bravery) She decided to sit down and have a break; he kept on going....




That night, it was Laurie's turn to get the decorating bug.  Here's why I avoided the Great Unburying...




Misty and Guy were not impressed...



Laurie's result on the "light up" portion of the display were much like mine:  Half lit as supposed, half did not...


The unlit part functioned perfectly, lol...





"Good grief!  All we need now is some big fat red stranger to come barging in, and imma trip out!"

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was good, except stepping on the guts. Today Misty sniffed them...

      Delete
  2. Since I live with a Jewish woman, we observed Hanukkah. But, the Festival of Lights ended Sunday night so I told her, "Good, now on to the REAL holiday." I decorated a little bit around the place, although I didn't set up my Nativity scene. I'm not THAT heartless.
    In the 70s Saturday here. Good day for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I woulda thought that "real holiday" was couch worthy...

      Delete
  3. Christmas lights can be aggravating! Worth it, though, as they make the home so warm and cozy. I guess Misty doesn't have any of those Beagle genes. ☺

    ReplyDelete