What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, January 21, 2022

M10 Show week 8

 




'Allow, Doctor Bombay here, fresh in from a trip paragliding- and if you'd seen the pair-a birds I was gliding with, you'd understand why I was flying- Ha HA!  I was called in because your hosts for today are both a bit under the weather-  that dreaded Chinese Dodo virus or somesuch.

 

Elvis:  Man, you wouldn't think it's so funny ifn you had it!  I thought Fauci said imaginary characters wouldn't get it...

 

Bombay:  Please, what your mortal quacks don't know could fill a crater on the second moon...

Elvis:  Wait, there's no second moon... is there?

Bombay:  Of course not, dear boy, you're merely having double vision!  Leave it all to me.  It's not as if most of your countdown isn't still stuck in place, so it shouldn't be all that hard...

Elvis:  Yeah, wait'll you hit the wrong button once...

Bombay:  At any rate, there is one new debut- and I use the term loosely, because it first came out when I did- on TV, that is.  If it really came out when I did, those horns would be made from Ceratopsids, I would think!   And don't worry about the buttons, my boy, I'll just snap my fingers and click my heels, and...

*POOOF* 

 

Bombay:  Oh, dear, must have had that Ceratopsid on my mind!  It was a difficult birth...

Elvis:  Ya think?  Here, let me.  From 1968, this is our new-ish debut at #10 by Roger Nichols and the Small Circle Of Friends...


 

**********************************************************

 

Bombay:  Thank you, young man!  I remember it like it was 54 years ago...

Elvis:  It was.  Say, what kind of doc are you?

Bombay:  A witch doctor...

Elvis:  Say what?

Bombay:  I am supposed to ask at this point if you have a special to bring in...

Elvis: What I've got is achy bones and a light fever, an'  my throat is itchin' like a man on a fuzzy tree...

Bombay:  I see what you did there!  Let me go fetch ingredients for your cure, while... here, you take car of this.  *POOOF*

Elvis:  Hey, easy on the smoke next time!  Here's the rest of the top 10, recorded earlier so's I could edit out the coughing...

9- Slipping one spot is Cat Power and Pa Pa Power...

8- Up 2 is Maddie and Tae an' Strangers...

7- Holding, an' I sure could use one, Medicine Woman by Middle Of The Road 

6- Holding, Beach House an' Pink Funeral...

5- Down 3, Beach House and ESP...

4- Up one, Matt Berry an' Summer Sun, speakin' o' things I could use right now...

3- Up one, Explorers Club an' Tragedy....

2- Up one, Eddie Vedder an' The Haves...

An' a second week at the top fer....

 


 ...Manchester Orchestra an' Lucius with Inaudible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*POOOF*



Elvis:  Whut the Sam Hill....

Bombay:  The rare Chinese Dodo, my boy!  Now all we have to do is wait for it to cough up a hairball, and...

Elvis: Waitaminite!  It's cats what get hairballs...

Bombay:  Of course!  That's why we have to wait for it to cough up the cat first!

 Elvis:  It's gonna cough up a CAT?

Bombay:  Well, actually a bit more of a Siberian Saber-tooth Tiger, but...

Elvis:  That's it!  We're done here!

10 comments:

  1. Never heard of any of the songs or groups, I'll have to start Googling, unless Dr. Bombay wants to snap his fingers and click his heels and "poof," put them into my brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the Dodo and Triceratops, you wanna take that chance?

      Delete
  2. So now we know if Elvis has left the building, with his new friend Bombay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ha HA!"
    I could hear him saying it.
    If nothing else, that brought me back to when I had brown hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's how I do these bits: Once I heard the "HaHA!" it writes itself.

      Delete
  4. That was fun! ☺ And I can hear Dr. Bombay's voice in my head. I don't recall any of the songs, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But see, many are new, and old ones are dug from the rubble of popularity. That's the point of the M10! (Other than comedy bits...)

      Delete