What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, January 28, 2022

M10 show, week #9

 


Elvis:  Boss, don't ya think it's time ta get to this week's post?

 

Yep, sorry, I was just answering last week's comments!  Sure can tell I went back to work from my COVID 'vacation'... plus, I was dealing with the Great Spotify Controversy...

You might wanna explain...

 

Well, Neil Young is trying to lead an exodus of stars from Spotify, because they have a podcast by Joe Rogan- and Rogan is an anti-vaxxer.  Let me make one thing clear:  I think the political anti-vaxxers and the political vaxxers are idiots wasting my time, both sides.  They take an important debate, inject unthought-out dogma, and create a colossal waste of time.  The thing I care about is, here's Neil Young, who wrote the song Ohio to protest the deaths of kids fighting for FREE SPEECH, demanding that we take away someone else's free speech, or he's gonna hurt all his innocent fans on a music platform.  In my mind, he, Barry Manilow, and Peter Frampton have LOST theirs (minds, that is).  Free speech means the guy you don't agree with gets his say, too... and if you don't like it, JUST DON'T LISTEN!  #Getpoliticsoutofmusic.


Ya done, now?

 

Yeah, pretty much.  Oh, and a salute to the late Meatloaf, who proves how stupid the debate is by losing his life, apparently to COVID.  Others have asked what my fave from the Loaf is, and I'll play it at the end.  First, though, we have 2 debuts, and this one comes in at #10....


******************************************

 

Okay, so Meat Loaf got me thinking about acts that had food in their names hitting the chart.  One site actually had a list of 60 acts with "food" in their titles; after removing ones I didn't know and those whose last names were the reasoning (Fiona Apple, Chuck Berry for example), I still had 26 I at least knew the names of... Now let me take a quick look at if any of these charted in the Martin Era 2.1 (1960-1979)... which one of the many acts charted the MOST from 1960-79?

1- Country Joe and the Fish, with a high of #98 for Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine...

2- The Electric Prunes with a high of #17 for I Had Too Much To Dream

2- Blue Oyster Cult, with a high of #7 for Don't Fear The Reaper

4- Meat Loaf, with a high of #11 for Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

5- Vanilla Fudge, with a high of #6 for You Keep Me Hanging On

5- Cream, with a high of #5 for Sunshine Of Your Love

5- Strawberry Alarm Clock, with a high of #1 for Incense And Peppermints

7- The Raspberries, with a high of #5 for Go All The Way

13- Bread, with a high of #1 for Make It With You

And ready for the act with the most?


15- Peaches and Herb, with a high of #1 for Reunited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Wow, I wouldn'tna expected them!  So now, here's our new debut at #9... an' it ain't ol' Neil!

 

 

 

*******************************************************

 

Okay, on to the rest of the M10...

 

8- dropping one for the 1971 song by Middle Of The Road, Medicine Woman

7- Up that one spot for Maddie and Tae and Strangers

6- Falling from 2, Eddie Vedder and The Haves

5- Up one for Beach House and Pink Funeral

4- Off of the #1 throne, Manchester Orchestra and Lucius with Inaudible

3- after falling to 5 last time, Beach House back up here with ESP

2- Matt Berry up from 4 with Summer Sun (and no, they left him off that 60 food acts list)

And no stranger to #1 for the new top dog...the sixth tour at the top for...

 


 ...the Explorer's Club, with Tragedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And finally, we sign off with that favorite of mine, and one of those four on our food list...



4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you got hit with the COVID bug! 😲 I hope your recovery is going well. And sad about Meatloaf having a hand in his own demise. Apparently, he didn't adhere to the safety protocols. You have a good point about free speech, but Spotify is bound to lose a few customers over this, regardless. And, the artists will certainly take a hit as well. Joe Rogan is probably laughing about the whole thing! 😝 I liked Wildfire and Never Leave Me, both catchy tunes. Love the intro on the Meatloaf song! Have you heard that Caleb Johnson is doing a tribute concert tour with Meatloaf's band, The Neverland Express? 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the new stuff! I agree on Rogan, people who do boycotts never figure this out. I'll have to look into CJ and Neverland Express. I wasn't the big Meat Loaf fan, but I had a neighbor who definitely played it all the time. One night a girl friend of mine somewhat accidentally tossed the vinyl into a wall like a bat out of hell. It didn't fare well...

      Delete
  2. Damn this post brought up some memories

    ReplyDelete