What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, March 27, 2022

The Better Part, week #58

 

The latest FB posts:


The Better Part, Day #271:
 
I'm not sure if it was a quote or a personal reflection, but David Jeremiah said something that ought to serve as a guide to anyone trying to attach a flag to their faith, or looking for Putin in Revelation, or just trying to blame a daily misfortune on Satan. "If it can't be understood by the most primitive listener, it's not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.:"



The Better Part, Day #272:
 
 
Until I can put You first... until the people are the ones You give to care for, until the concerns are the things You take care of, until the music and the walks and the games are the gifts to show You care, and the words are the tools You use to remake me... until You are the first and the battle is Yours...
 
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #273:
 
 
Jack Hibbs described a gnome they use at his church to hold up signs, flags, etc. He's out there whether it's rain or snow, cold or hot, never complaining, just doing his job 'for the Lord'. They call him "Yessir McGee". At the end, he said that McGee had a handle on his back, so he could be easily moved where ever he's needed. "May I have a handle, Lord; may everyone in this church have a handle." Teach me how to ask for one, too....
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #274:
 
Isn't it marvelous that we can always go to Jesus for that peace that transcends understanding- especially on days where the prayer starts, "Lord, I know I work as unto you. But I think Satan is the plant manager today..."
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #275:
 
And, I have learned, that peace that transcends understanding works on temptation, too!
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #276:
 
 
There's a difference between God wanting you to do more, and Satan saying, "You don't do enough! Look at the other guy!" When you hear the second, remind Satan: "Yes, I am the sparrow He watches. I am the hair He counted."

1 comment: