What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, May 13, 2022

M10 show, week #24

 

Well, tonight we're going to try something truly unique... Wednesday, when I usually decide what the M10 will be, was Laurie's birthday, so I waited until today, intending to just bag it for this week and update you next week.  But instead, we are going to try a truly LIVE M10... written down as I make my decisions!

Elvis: Hey, wait!  How does that affect the dinner schedule?

Relax, we have leftovers, and can always take a break to eat them.  So first, I wanna check out anything new out there that I might want to add to the shuffle...

Hey, the new songs are seven days old... 

Well, duh, Spotify puts them out on Fridays, and this is still Thursday right now...

Oh, yeah... when ya live in a time machine...

So I'm listening to this new Tove Lo tune... a little synthesized for me- but that never stopped me with The Japanese House... guess I'll put it on the shuffle, see if it grows on me.

Thinkin' low odds...

Not as low as that one that came on afterwards- ick!  Let's see here...

Oh, lookit that one.. "Bull$#!t on the internet"...

Yeah, not gonna happen!

Simple Plan... ain't that one o' yer kids bands?

Yep, but not mine... say, speaking of KC, let me go get one of the Oberons he left...

Oboy, here we go...

Here, let's try these guys... Warpaint... Hmmm, kinda like this... put it on the shuffle!

Okay, got it!  That might even make the ten, right?

Very possible!  So here on Discover Weekly are a few others I want to try... this is new Afghan Whigs...

I'm not feelin' it...

Nope, and I gave it a good long try.  Let me try this one....

That's a lot like the last one, just with a girl singer...

Let's wait for the chorus...  yeeeeah, let's move on.  I got one more I want to try before we get on the shuffle itself.

Well, she IS kinda cute...Wait, what the...

Yeah, that one sure changed at the one minute mark... time for the shuffle!  First, let me look and get rid of the oldies and the deadwood... Okay, here we go! New Envy of None... put that one right there...

Bad thing about the shuffle? Commercials!

Yeah, but it keeps it free, Buddy!  What's next?

Sunflower Bean... goes here... then new Lucius...there?

Yeah... Of course, Jayhawks way up here... I'm not yet sold on the new Knocks...

Okay, here's that Weezer song...

I have let that one on the ten because it's catchy... but that line about, "it shows the GODDESS really cares..."  I just have a big problem with that.  Let it drop.  Next?

Joy Downer... then Beach Bunny...

Okay, here and here... and of course, Brooke goes here!  And put that Warpaint song there...

I'm sure the audience is findin' this all fascinatin'...

Good point.  So let us finish this bee... I mean, listening to these songs, get a bite to eat, and come back with the full list!

An' never, EVER try this again...

 

**********************************************

All right, we are back roughly an hour after we started.  All songs are listened to, all but one decision made, and I think we'll soon be ready... what?

You fergot, "We ate dinner..."

Yes, we ate dinner.  May we just play these two to make a choice and get on with things?

Fine.  An' after a few more minits a' researchin' here's the M10:

A debut at #10, from 1974...




*********************************************************

 

And at #9- Warpaint- not the one we just found, but the one that's been in the shuffle for a while...

 

 

***********************************

 

#8 is Joy Downer an' Beck up 2 with Chain Reaction...

7 goes to the dropping former #1, Sunflower Bean and Who Put You Up To This?

#6 is Tears For Fears at their Tipping Point, down 1...

5 leapfrogs them into this spot- Beach Bunny and Fire Escape....

#4 is April March, up down, up, and back down 2, with Rolla Rolla...

3 and climbing one is Melody's Echo Chamber and Alma...

#2, up from 9, the 1995 song I'd Run Away by the Jayhawks...

And #1 at least one more week...

 


 ....Brooke Annibale and What If You? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 All in all, I think next time, we'll do this the old fashioned way...

Yeah, but at least we can sleep in tomorrow!

You're imaginary!  You sleep in all but two hours every week! 

2 comments: