What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Wednesday Bible Study: What Jesus asked, part 20 the 2nd

 

Soon after I typed last week's post, I realized that there would be a great application for me- but I had to run everything backwards (see, it's not just to you the reader I do this!). And since it has bore me through several situations (including one truly heartbreaking one for which I ask an unspoken prayer request), I am convicted to share it with you.

If you remember (and if you don't, go read the link!), there were four questions asked of Jesus.  In the right order- and chopped to the purpose- they were...

"Is it lawful..."

 "Why then..."

 "If such is the case..."

  "Good Master, what good thing shall I do..."

Now, let me explain Jesus's answers in reverse, and you will see why I NEEDED this to get through the challenges of last week.

"Good Master, what good thing shall I do..."

 Mat 19:17  And He said to him, Why do you call Me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. 


The situation comes, and our first human response is often, "God, why would you allow this?"  In this passage, Jesus establishes one thing: He IS God.  And you aren't, and I'm not.

Isa 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
Isa 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.


A little child can ask the parent why about a million things, and not understand the reasons.  Because they are children, and are not on the same level as (most) adults. Magnify that a thousand fold, and you still aren't at the gulf of knowledge between man and God.


 "If such is the case..."

 Mat 19:11  But he said to them, "Not everyone can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given."

 

Jesus gets it.  The situation is HARD, maybe better to be avoided.  But here it is.  And you need people of the right gifts to help you. Or, you may need to make a hard choice to resolve it.

Joh 16:33  I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." 


This world can suck.  The evil around us, especially as we try to protect our children from it, can be suffocating.  But in the end, and not here on earth, Jesus overcomes it.


"Why then..."

 Mat 19:8  He said to them, "Because of your hardness of heart ..."

There is but one reason you argue with God over these things.  You have a hard, human heart.  DON'T ARGUE WITH GOD. He has a reason, refer to #1.  He has a plan, refer to #2.

 

 Jer 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jer 29:12  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.
Jer 29:13  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.


Note: God's plans for you don't involve doing evil to you- that's where your hard heart takes you. Note, you will get the answers you need WHEN you seek Him with your whole heart. If you seek him in the way of arguing, not so much.


"Is it lawful..."

 Mat 19:4  He answered, "Have you not read ..."

All the answers you can handle are right there in the Bible- if you seek Him with your whole heart (refer #3), if you aren't searching for the easy out (refer #2), and if you REMEMBER WHO'S IN CHARGE (refer #1).


2Ti 3:14  But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it
2Ti 3:15  and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17  that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. 

 

You have an "Owner's manual" to refer to when these things happen. But you have to set aside the complainings and the whys and what-abouts, and just read it.  I cannot tell you how valuable this has been to me in the last week, and I hope it helps you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment