What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, August 26, 2022

Vacation 6 and M10 show week 37

 

Man, this has been a pain...


Elvis:  Whut?  Geez, yer on vacation..

I know, and I've been trying to do a special on vacations! But, on the lists on the internet, you get about 50% songs I don't know, 48% songs that don't really fit, and a whole lot of songs I can come up with that they didn't.  Like Connie Francis and V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N.  So I thought, look up, "songs with the word vacation"...

Good idear!

Too good.  A site I found had like 13,000 + songs with the word vacation in them.  Most I doubt anyone's heard of... One even had as the first words of the song, "Fort Wayne"!

Yeah, I see yer point.  Then whut?

Then, I tried looking for songs in the hot 100 end of year through the ME 2.0, and it is just so much 'judgment calls' on them, I got discouraged.  So I had an idea... but first, let me put up some of today's pics from our walk...

Huh?

 

It was a grey, overcast day...



 Yawn... all very exciting...

Clam up and play the first of 2 debuts...

Awright, the one at #10 belongs to a first-timer on the M10, they are called Wilco...

 

************************************************

 

So, I finally settled on, what songs that were in the top ten this week in the ME 2.0 that had anything even tenuously to do with vacations...

Oh, now that's just dumb!

Better Ideas?

Why sure!  Why doncha just find songs that... um... How many didja say you found?

13, starting with...

13- Pat Boone, Love Letters In The Sand, #10 this week in 1957...

12- Summertime, Billy Stewart, #9 this week in 1966...

10 (tie)

     - Stoned Soul Picnic, 5th Dimension, #8 in 1968

    - White Silver Sands, Don Rondo, #8 in 1957...

9- Under The Boardwalk, Drifters, #6 in 1964...

And now, some more pics!


This is Misty searching for a mink that just crossed in front of us...

Waitaminit!  Ya saw a mink?

Yep, got across before I could get a pic, but Misty saw it, and tore up that brush looking for it!

This is what it looked like


"I need a drink after that!"

Anyway, here's that second debut, coming in at #7 fer Brooke Annibale...

 

***********************************************

Moving on with my vacation song list:

6 (tie)

       - Beach Boys and California Girls, #5 in 1965...

       - Mungo Jerry's In The Summertime, #5 in 1970

       - And, very tenuously, Jim Stafford's Wildwood Weed, #5 in 1974...

Huh?  How does THAT fit in?

"...take a trip and never leave the farm..."?

Good grief...

Misty was dragging then, until...

We saw those three fawns again...


Misty watches them run off before I could get all 3

 Aw, poor doggie!  Awright, whatsay we finish off yer vacay list before I give the M10...

Sure!

4 (tie)

       -The Angels and  My Boyfriend's Back, #4 in 1963...

      -See You In September, the Happenings, #4 in 1966...

3- The Ventures, Walk Don't Run, #3 in 1960...

Um, that's a instermental...

I know, but SUMMER instrumental...

And a first place tie between...

-Loving Spoonful, Summer In The City, #2 this week in 1966....

-Gary US Bonds, School Is Out, #2 in 1961!

School is out?? Heck, they all just went back!

I know, but the timing isn't on me...

True dat!  So here's the rest of the M10...

9- Harry Styles, As It Was -down 5 in week #9

8- Geowulf, Whirlwind, up 2

6- Dent May an' Crying Laughing, up 3

5- Harry again, an' Late Night Talking, up 1

4- Cannons an' Bad Dream, 8 weeks on an' down 2

3- Holdin' at 3, Built To Spill an' Spiderweb

2- Rubblebucket an' Morning In The Sun, up 3

An' still at #1 this week...

Built To Spill an' Fool's Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 
And that leaves the Songs of Summer countdown thus: One song finished and another more than likely finished with 59 at the top, another song that's iffy to stay on next weeks at 57, and one that could top them all if it can pull off 17 points the last two weeks! Hope you enjoyed this vacation!

6 comments:

  1. Great songs. Your list covered some many years of my young adult/teenager years. Oh good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good songs, some really great memories. AND a trip in the woods, and a mink...Misty is a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, my post gets dumped. I will try again. Great music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, you didn't get dumped. Blogger has been doing some funky things lately, and I wasn't available to moderate the last couple of nights.

      Delete