What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Friday and Saturday walks

 So we start on our Friday walk...

"Patchy dense fog", lol

A  bright, cool dawn

Nothing says Autumn's coming like a tree turning yellow and sleeping geese


The fog and the dawn combined for some awesome shots


This was cool, watching the mist move along the rays of sunlight

Coming up into the bunny field, 2 deer





He stood like that watching us until we passed by.

Lots of postcard moments...

As we left, Mr Squirrel with a chestnut bigger than his head.  Stay tuned...

And, that afternoon I watched Champions League Hockey while the girls dozed...

That brings us to Saturday- a walk during which every time I thought nothing was going to happen, something happened...

Believe it or not, I saw a hummingbird visiting the clusters in this tree.  But trying to get a pic?

"Nope, all you get is me."


So as you can see, nothing happened from the tree all the way to the river, (other than a lady jogger petting Misty).  But we came to the bunny field, and just as I told Misty, "No deers today", I turned my head...




Trying to see if I could get the airplane

And this is because Misty was... uh, indisposed.  The last two walks, she had to... you know... in the same 2 exact places.  Regularity not a problem here!

Just for perspective, we see our wildlife in the very shadow of 'civilization'

Into the ravine.  Just missed a black squirrel and a chipmunk.

And here were are at the bridge, where I once again told Misty, "Nothing shakin' here." Literally 20 steps later...


...yep, more deer.

So now, it's down the back trail, and I was just musing on how long it's been since we saw anything down it...

...the backroad bunny makes a reappearance!


Later, Misty talks me into checking out the golf-path bridge for a drink.  No water, but she was surprised bu SOMETHING in the drain that spooked her.  I wasn't watching because I was surprised to see Mr Owl fly by...



Still haven't fixed the walkway...

On the north golf trail, Misty senses some varmint-age nearby, but long enough ago she never got intense about it.

And finally, same squirrel, same spot, yet another oversize prize!


4 comments:

  1. Misty was bounding in paradise. Where is it? beautiful. I'd walk there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, being anonymous, I'll have to leave it at, "Putt your thumb on a map of Indiana on Ft Wayne, and we'll be under it somewhere."

      Delete
  2. Misty must love living with you! ☺ All those cool nature walks and critters. No deer around here, but plenty of squirrels, raccoons and skunks, plus the odd bunny. I think the foxes who were here for a couple of years (gone now) thinned them out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of animals we do not see here

    ReplyDelete