What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, September 5, 2022

Labor Day pics part 2



So Saturday we had a walk... but I don't know that we got much out of it.  Because...

 

For one, I decided that the grass was dry enough, and Misty would like a trip to the Duck Pond.  It was NOT dry, and Misty had wanted to stay on the trail.

And, since we'd been there last, the Pond was completely overgrown...

River still wasn't moving...

 

Misty tried and failed to reach it...


...and Misty got covered in stickers in the attempt.


I think this was a woodie, but all I got was his butt.  The one time he looked at me, I had to stop because PFW police were making their rounds.

No stop at the river due to lazy fishermen...

And somehow, the 'pretty blue sky' picture that should have started out this set, my computer moved to last.  About right, I guess.

Most of the day following was spent with the grandkids, of which the only picture...

                                                           May be an image of 1 person, child and standing 

 

...was this one of the tower Isaiah and grandma built...

 

Sunday Misty and I slept off the Attack of the Liliputians- almost missing Church!-  and so I made it up to her with a morning trip today to the park...

We are here!


First trip around the big circle: No golfers, geese; no squirrels, barely anyone else.  The fishermen had arrived, though.


At the big pond, Misty kicked into varmint mode... I heard something, but she SAW it...


In the ravine for a drink...

...and a shake

Down the hill; but S-L-O-W...

This is new...


At the little pond


A quick splash


Let's walk two!


Misty's idea of a fun trail

And back to Lover's Leap- no lovers this time

One orphaned golf ball we won't adopt- the roots won't let go!

"Sitting at the park bench watching all the squirrels, watching all the squirrels... go by!!!!"

 

Just when we sat down, there was a squirrel  about 20 feet away, and his tree was between us.  I don't know what was funnier, watching the squirrel run straight at us in full panic mode, or Misty sitting there wondering what the heck it was doing.  After we got up, I made it up to her by letting her chase this one...

"Oh, and I so appreciate it..."


Into the woods...

By the time we stopped at the river again, she dipped her nose and was ready to go home!

2 comments:

  1. My Labor Day was pretty ho-hum. After going to the gym, I spent six hours transporting cheeseburgers, McDonalds, and beef teriyaki for Uber Eats.

    ReplyDelete