What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, February 17, 2023

M10 Show week # 59

 

Elvis:  I smell old man... you had Bellbottom here last week, din'tcha?

Yes we did, and he did a fine job on the Hall of Fame post.  This week, things are a little more normal...

No one else died, huh?

Well, Raquel Welch did...

No!  Say it ain't so!  I remember when she was this sweet young thing, when I wuz filmin' Roustabout...

 

Yeah, that's her... my gee-tar is pointed right at her!

 Well, she had some things to say about that, too...

 "When Elvis came around, I suddenly understood what sex is all about'. Roustabout in 1964 was my very first film in Hollywood. I was a bit player in the opening moments. Like many adolescents of the '50s, I had been completely gaga over Elvis. I saw him live in San Diego in one of his early shows. It was my first rock 'n' roll music concert ever. That was the first time that I ever conjured up what a sexy guy could be.

But when I saw him on the set of Roustabout, I was a little bit taken aback because something had changed about him. It seemed like he was more packaged. His clothes were not the same, his hair was obviously dyed now, and it was all sprayed into place. It was a little shocking to me because it was a whitewashed, cleaned-up Elvis. They took all the sex out of him!"

WHUTTT? Took the sex out??? Man, that is totally not true!  I... just had stuff on my mind...

And in your hair, apparently...

Oh, har-dee-har! 

Thankfully, they never took the sex out of her...


How old was she there?

73...

Seventy.. holy cow, she almost held up as well as me!

Yeah, in a non-bloated, clear-eyed sort of way... Anyhow, kick us off with debut #1!

Ah'll kick somethin', all right... first up is new music from Tennis, at #10...

 

*****************************************************************

Okay, so the main site for Cashbox is still dead on arrival, but plenty of places to get their charts- IF you feel like downloading them.  Nonetheless, we do have a "song I won't turn off the radio on" for this week in 1990- and in fact, the act has two of them in the hot 100!  Now, above this week's song at #16, there was an almost but not quite at #2- Aerosmith's Jamie's Got A Gun.  Below it, there are another couple of ones I wouldn't turn off: Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire, 54 and dropping; and the Stones and Almost Hear You Sigh, 68 and climbing; plus, another hit by the band that won on the way down, which I'll let you in on later.  Also, there's an almost but not quite just underneath the winner- Tom Petty's Free Fallin' at 17 and dropping.  The other one the band has this week is dropping from 74, and it's Love Shack.  Which means at #16, our no-turner this week is... 



...the B-52's and Roam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our second debut is heart-wrenching enough, my son KC turned it off mid song!  The reason is, Linkin Park is celebrating the 20th anniversary of their lp Meteora, and have put back together a few unfinished tunes with vocals by their late leader Chester Bennington.  One of them captured his mental anguish so well, that KC had to bail on it- "It hit too close." Debuting at #7, here's on the M10 for the first time, Linkin Park:


******************************************************

 

Man, I... I know how THAT feels....

I know you do.  That's why I give you a forum here, for all the times you needed one and didn't have it.

Thanks, bud... just thanks.

And a word for all y'all out there... don't ever let it get that desperate inside you.  There are people who care, who will help.  Just reach out.  Anyhow, you wanna get the rest of the M10?

Sure!  

9, up one, is Maneskin and Tom Morello and Gossip- which, I understand, got a mention in this week's Bible Study...

8, slipping one, is Katy Nichole and Please...

6, up two, Cafune and Reconsider...

5, down three for Morrissey and Rebels Without Applause...

4, up one for the Arcs an' A Man Will Do Wrong...

3, down one for the Heavy Heavy an' Guinevere...

2, and up 2 for Lauren Daigle an' Look Up, Child...

An' another week at the top fer...

 


 ...Wet Leg an' Angelica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They is # 31 this week on the IHeart alt charts, 32 on Billboard's.

 

On that IHeart chart, Lost debuted at #18...  Anyway, that's it for another week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment