What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, February 24, 2023

M10 show week #60

 

Elvis: So what'd ya order us for dinner?

Actually, I'm cooking.  I was looking at Italian, and said to myself, "I have tortellinis and tons of sauce, so..."

Mmm.  Sounds edible!  So what's the news this week?

Well, the news is, I've been sloppy at recordkeeping, and I just noticed that our 200th #1 song has hit the top- and is on the way down!

Oh, nice job. Hey, where ya goin'?

I gotta watch the water, unless you want to eat a bowl of steam...

Waitaminute!  Laurie ordered KFC today an' din't say a word!

You can fight that out with her.  Put up the week's debut while I look into the food!

Yeah, sure, at #10, somethin' Chris heard on the radio this week from 2021- it's by Imagine Dragons...

 

****************************************************

Say, that was purty good!

The song or the tortellini? 

Both!  So what's the no-turn-off song this week?

So, this week we're in 1989, and I don't honestly see a TRUE  no-turn-off tune, but there is a pretty-close one... there's a definite big always-turn-off song at #7- Edie Brickell's What I Am. I wonder, when she meets her Maker, she'll see HIM as a 'smile on a dog'.

Who cares whut a chick who thinks dogs can't smile thinks, anywho?

Couldn't have said it better myself!  Four spots below is where we come within inches of a no-turn-off tune- at #11 this week in '89...


 ...Mike Rutherford of Genesis with his Mechanics, and The Living Years!!!

Now, we look at that former #1 that was our 200th all time #1, a feat that took us 388 weeks to accomplish- which means  27.6% of M10 songs HIT the top!  Probably much less than that for Cashbox, which took 552 weeks to go from the opening of Martin Era 2.0 (AKA May 14th, 1955) to their 200th #1 in the stretch, on December 11th, 1965, when the top spot was claimed by....


...the Four Seasons with Let's Hang On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, whut WAS our #200?

Well, the 100th song to hit #1 here on the M10 was The Dig's You're Not Alone, and the CB ME2.0 100th #1 was Ray Charles with Hit The Road, Jack in October of...

HEY!  That ain't what I asked!

Ok, son, let's let you figure it out!  This week's M10 contains just 2 former #1s... which would be...


Morrissey's Rebels Without Applause, which falls to #9, a four spot drop... and...


...Wet Leg's Angelica, which falls this week to #4.  And I'll tell you which one it is....

Finally!

...right after I do the rest of the ten!

Tennis moves up 2 to 8 with Forbidden Doors...

So too Maneskin and Tom Morello with Gossip at 7...

The Heavy Heavy drop from 3 to 6 with Guinevere...

Cafune up one to 5 with Reconsider...

The Arcs are up 1 to #3 with A Man Will Do Wrong...

Linkin Park's Lost, which debuted at the top on the Billboard alt chart, 38 on their main chart, and at 6 on Radiowavemonitor, goes from 7 to 2 here this week... 

And the new #1 here- the 201st #1 of the M10...


...Lauren Daigle and Look Up Child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, enuff with the clownin'!  Gimme a hint!

All right, the 200th #1 of the M10 has this line...

I don't know what I'm even doing here

I was told that there would be free beer...

THAT sounds like YOU...

Nope, it was Wet Leg's Angelica who was the 200th #1!  See ya next time!

6 comments:

  1. Such good music, a post that makes one feel good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not familiar with most of these, but Imagine Dragons have a mellow sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would wager you would like the Maneskin and Linkin Park tunes...

      Delete
    2. I love Maneskin! Did I miss a song of theirs here?

      Delete
    3. That video was posted last week...

      Delete