What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Picture time

 One thing that has been bothering me in our limited walking time lately, is Misty.  Either she's really starting to struggle, or her feet don't like the winter anymore, or she's just developed the Scrappy trick of kicking into low-lock when she knows we're heading home.  Wednesday night I took her for a relatively short jaunt and she acted like I should have been carrying her once we crossed the street back to home.  Friday afternoon was nicer, so I thought I would test some things.


Starting out- about 32 F

Lotsa snow still left

This is approximately how far we went Wednesday

This would be more than the whole trip Wednesday.  She's slowed a little at this point...But then I turn us back towards home and instant slowdown.

I took her over to the other side of the canal, and let her rest her feet in grass, theorizing it had to be warmer than snow and pavement.  She was totally invigorated at this point, going as fast as she ever did...

Until we got about halfway up the north lot at the Plex, then it was "molasses gear" again. However, this turd - after dragging about another 100 feet, suddenly shifted back to "just as good as when I left", and remained there until we got home.  So you tell me.

Saturday, the Boys were back in town...













Pose #1


Pose #2



4 comments:

  1. Nice to have them around for sure! Walks have been decent here as we were having a super mild winter. Any snow is gone. Rain is expected this weekend. But Friday into Saturday it was life threatening cold. The girl only got a few 5 minute walks.
    I don't think any of us know what to do with this weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our snow is now gone as well... but we have a high wind warning set for tomorrow afternoon...

      Delete