What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Pictures

 Starting with Monday...


Soccer season upon us...


Finally greening up


Ah, my Dutchman's Britches

I love flowers!


Wednesday...

What is it?

Turkey Vulture, making a meal of...

...a less-than-enthusiastic Opossum..

Here's something prettier

Big Guy holding the sun

Trees starting to catch on...


Flowers everywhere!


Scrappy's drinkin' hole has seen better days...

Very windy today, hence the Pond...




Sunset dip in the river

Friday- an early morning walk, before Misty's doctor appointment (she did fine)


Moon over the contrail

Sun coming up

Sparrow singing at us





Bunnies!

"I want to chase them!"



Big Guy: "Ah, that sun feels good!"


Wow, finally a good selfie!


Arboreal Ocean Green Hole


Tried to get this robin to pose, but he took off...

...his buddy stayed, though

Musing on how much water has changed the walk, against how much man has changed it.


Hey, worm, I just passed a couple of early birds, they want you to join them for breakfast




Down by the Swamp, His Eminence feels like a little gravel for the gizzard


Mrs Redwing

And now, to this morning...


Better shot of the sparrow that serenades us



LOOK!  They fixed the bridge!!






6 comments:

  1. Such bloody nice pictures that makes us smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. thecontemplativecat here. Looks like you both had some great explorations. Spring flowers are the best. Does your part of the states grow morel mushrooms? Back in Illinois, it is time to go mushroom hunting. Have good memories of those times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any morels. Back in the day, my uncles used to go up to Michigan for them, so I doubt it. Flowers are my small joy, but with a high of 40F today, won't be seeing them today.

      Delete
  3. Love the sky and tree shots. There's something about trees, as the light comes through them, before all the leaves fill in. Everything is greening up here as well. I'm hoping to trim back the Rose of Sharon tomorrow, it was 60 today but super windy, so it felt like 40. Last year when I trimmed it back I was able to get some of the trimmings to sprout, so I'm hoping to do a white and purple hybrid this year. We'll see how it goes. They rebuilt the bridge! Now does that actually flood through, or does it just help with mud control?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's a low spot that gets wet (which Misty loves). I hope your sprouts turn out! My mom was genius at that. I'd see her snip the edge of a leaf off a plant in a dept store, throw it in a jar of water, and get it to grow.

      Delete