What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, April 1, 2023

At long last- pictures...

 So it all began back on the 24th, when I tried to let my BeerAdvocate friends know what I was drinking...


...but I couldn't download the pic because my struggling USB cord finally gave out.  I ordered a new one, and eventually received it- but the camera was working in the meantime...

We had a storm on the 25th, so the next day we scouted for damage...


...but it had all been picked up for our precious disc golfers.

Peek!


Lotsa water

including rivulets that crisscrossed the trail.

Arboreal Ocean in full flush



Don't believe we'll be swimming to the End of the Earth



"Water could be a bit warmer..."

PFW has got happy with the bushhog... that USED to be my secret mid-trail pee spot..


There's something you don't often see in the Swamp

Later, the boys came over...


That brings us to the 28th...

Beavers working hard here...


There was a BUNCH of ducks at the Duck Pond... and we scared them all off

Somebody saw the river was back down and had to get a drink...

...and made me stand in the mud to get it...



That brings us to Thursday...



Misty amongst the first wildflowers


First visit of the year to Scrappy's Landing...

Watching a squirrel way up the trail

And now, we arrive at today.  Last night, we had tornadoes in the area- south and east of us, thank you Jesus, but we did get about 15 minutes of "tropical storm Martin". We set out to see if any damage was apparent.  It was warm enough- around 50F- but boy, was it windy!

"Hey, I'm trying to shake, here!"

Our first surprise were the ducks in the yard...


...and Blue Jays...



I think one of our neighbors put a fake owl in the tree...

Misty leads us into the woods

And yes, it's a sloppy mess

However, no new damage...

...unless you count all the water

Misty explores a new run-off stream


Stony Run about as high as I've ever seen



The End of the Earth is about a rain away from being an island




Possible varmintage at the Swamp


Muddy Stony Run water, meet clear Canal water

Our little waterfall working OT

Those Dafs must be the hardiest flowers ever

Just after 2 ladies complemented her, Misty turned back to look at them just as the strongest gust of the morning hit.  I staggered forward, she sideways!


Checking holes for further varmintage

Note to the guy 3 counties away who lost his dumpster:  Over here...

8 comments:

  1. thecontemplativecat@blogspot.com here. Google is messing with me. Misty has an adventurous spirit, which I am guessing is from her daddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Google messing with me feeling! I'd have to say Daddy's not quite as adventurous...

      Delete
  2. Crappy weather seems to be the norm everywhere these days! Our backyard looked like a swamp yesterday, after a torrential downpour the night before. Misty seems to enjoy herself, regardless. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a little water/mud don't phase her. I'd be sure-footed with four legs, too.

      Delete
  3. You guys have had a bit of a go with the weather lately. Not sure I could handle tornados. I like my well predicted, often over hyped blizzards. And now that we have a generator, I'm not so worried. I love how everything is starting to pop already... and daffodils are super hardy. They are Youngest's favorites... which says something about them... and perhaps, him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said we had the first confirmed tornadoes since 2016. Considering all the ones I remember from a kid, that's exceptional.

      Delete